Another reason why I will ALWAYS buy an iPhone.

Old Mill Tree Care

I bought an iPhone 4 years ago, it worked so I bought another one.

I bought an iMac, it works, my business depends on it and it is reliable. Two years in and it is just as fast and Multi tasks like no PC i've even seen.

I bought an iPad, it works.

Etc, etc.

Apple products look good, work and have fantastic support. I don't shout from the roof tops but I point out the positives when asked.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple vs Android

Closed vs open source

I like the ethos of open source, find closed (apple/microsoft) closed software inherently evil.

Nothwithstanding that I use a mix ! HTC android phone, google chrome web browser, gmail based email, windows operating system, MS works docs!

Used open source for years, and have no complaints. The crux of this debate probably concerns ease of use. If you know how to properly tame an operating system, then you'll most likely avoid problems. I see why people go for Mac OS's because they're easier to use and less prone to attack. But the more computer savvy people do save money by using open source software and custom built PC's. PC based software is generally more flexible and cheaper that Mac software, but this OS flexibility comes with it's own problems i.e. potentially more buggy.

It's a trade off at the end of the day.

I had a Mac mini for a few years but I found it got slower and slower and I never got on with the operating system.

By comparison I have had this laptop (a £450 Toshiba) for 5 years now and it still works well. Personally I couldn't justify spending double that on a Macbook.

I've had an Iphone 3GS for 2 years now too - I use it all the time and it is really really handy. It has had episodes of crashing mid-call though, so it ain't perfect.

I'm going to try an HTC next time.

I had a Mac mini for a few years but I found it got slower and slower and I never got on with the operating system.

By comparison I have had this laptop (a £450 Toshiba) for 5 years now and it still works well. Personally I couldn't justify spending double that on a Macbook.

I've had an Iphone 3GS for 2 years now too - I use it all the time and it is really really handy. It has had episodes of crashing mid-call though, so it ain't perfect.

I'm going to try an HTC next time.

i'm using my htc a lot at the moment for a project im working on. It really is quite a confusing setup to be honest. I think i'd replace it with a galaxy if i replace it at all. Bought my dad one for christmas and the general navigation seems more user friendly, in line with the iphone

Well, I thought I'd try out the iPhone again, just to see of I changed my mind. Like the iPad, I love the scrolling through apps, love the speed it reacts, but at the end of the day I still prefer a "proper" keypad on the Blackberry. My torch see,s to react as quickly on the scrolling, I can use the email function as easily on that as the laptop or the iPad, so I'll stick with the BB for now.

i was always against itunes related products.

got 200Gb of music on my hard drive and didn't like using itunes.

waited until my phone went belly up and orange refused to fix it and bought a iphone 3GS.

i was told its the best one they've made yet.

seems a very good phone.

i like the fact that i've got a camera, music player, email reader, games player, phone, etc. all in one device, always at hand.

I didn't buy it because i was 'brainwashed', and you defo won't catch me queueing up for the latest one. :lol:

Shown an iPhone app you might want to play with outside. "Photosynth" . Its a panoramic photo app. It stitches the images as you move the phone camera around.

Tried it and its quite simple to use.

Leaves the finished image in your photos directory, ready to download.