Ms660 wrap round handle

Ben farrimond

Two types: -

1122 790 3603

And

1122 790 3608

Both are on the MS660 parts list

Those numbers/parts were superceded. The 3/4 due to a design change and the full due to restructuring of parts and part numbers.

3/4 Wrap 1122 790 3603 was replaced by 1122 790 3611. Smaller bending radius, shorter handle hose and elbow connector.

Full wrap 1122 790 3608, no longer available as just the handlebar, you have to buy the "set" which includes the additional fixtures/fittings you need to install. Previously these were purchased under a different/separate part number.

Set wrap around handlebar, part number 1122 007 1003.

How old is the saw? You may need to change the chain brake handle.

I might also add that neither the 3/4 or full wrap for the MS660 are supposed to be supplied to the UK so a dealer would have to make a special order. Or an individual could import them from the US for example (would have to be Canada or the PNW for the full wrap). Also the last I heard Stihl were trying to do with the full wrap so it will likely become NLA everywhere soon.

Don't quite understand Stihl's policy on these things. In the UK you can get the 3/4 for the MS880 but not for the MS660, MS460 (except the Rescue saw version), MS441 or MS440.

I had to on my 660 from 2008. Ended up costing quite a lot even though I got the parts from Madsen's Saw Shop in the US.

Do you know the part numbers of the chain brake you had before and what you changed it to, also the part number of the handlebar?

The cut-off is sometime in 2008, the tech note outlining the changes is dated 10.2008 (10th week, 2008) and the change was to be introduced "continuously" from then.