good film tonight-9pm film4 (into the wild)

Martyn Amos

Thats a great little story rupe , What did you make of Alaska ? Its definetely on my must do list .. ( sorry for derail ) :001_smile:

I loved it, but it was a long time ago, thinking about it, it was 1990 so she would have just recently won the fourth Iditarod. I was 20years old while I was there, so quite a different person to who I am now, and a few years before I got into tree work.

Would go again in an instance, would like to drive round more, we were just in one place climbing un climbed peaks in miidle of nowhere, but some giude companies came out in the summer and we met a few extra people, including jenny and coon, and some other young people there for the short summer.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the book was pretty good Chris was one messed up lad!!

Jon Krakauer who wrote the book then wrote one about tour companies tbut itaking customer's up Everest, i can't for the life of me remember its name :blushing: but it's an interesting story, thoroughly recommend it!

I only saw the last half of the film, I would agree he was a proper wally though.

I think the film was based on a Jon Krakauer article in Outside Magazine. Shame they haven't made a film of his (Krakauer's) Everest experience in 1996 'Into Thin Air'.

Fantastic book that one.