New 2012 TPO regs

Amelanchier

• 4 weeks later...

iv) qualify the scope of exempted works (particularly in respect of dead, dying and dangerous trees) and clarify the requirement for prior notification;

Isnt this going to lead to orders that (try) to preempt the condition of a tree somewhere in the future....?

" The changes will make the system easier for local authorities to administer and they will be more able to consider applications for consent to carry out works to trees that are to be repeated on an annual or regular basis, or for a series of operations over a stated period;"

I guess this is already a requirement and there is good sense in it..... I understood "dying" was to be removed...but the first para above seems a little pointless ! Have I misunderstood the context ? Why reiterate that which is set out in the legislation unless there is an overriding lack of confidence in the TCP(Tree Preservation) ( England) 2012- so then sort it proper? :confused1: