demolition work in Beijing

rowan lee

It's funny, when you watch that video we all initially recoil in horror, but actually, taking out the sensationalising imagery, as said, he had a harness on, he was attached to as stable an anchor as anything we tie into in trees, [pretty sure the boom on the 360 wasn't hiding a fungal attack] the operator obviously had sufficient ability to carry out the task, and he got the job done in a few moments at minimal cost.

The same would be possible here, I've hung off machinery at home to get to things, but in the workplace it wouldn't happen anymore. Instead we'd spend thousands on access equipment and takes weeks to achieve what this gang achieved in minutes.

This is why the Chinese terrify me. Because they don't mess around. They flick two fingers to anyone who tries to influence how they do things, and their economy is growing at an alarming rate.

It could have been made a fraction safer [actually, not safer, that's daft, 'more acceptable' would be more appropriate] by having a second safety line attached to the building but other than that, it was a great example of creative lateral thinking to get the job done. Fair play!

Do you know the best way to slow down the Chinese economy...? Infect their public sector with the kind of political correctness, paranoia and pointless bureaucracy we have here.

They'd be crippled in weeks...

As Wot 'e said above

+1 :001_tt2:

I should add that in my work Environment there is a lot of talk about "Risk Assessments" etc etc

I maintain that any employable employee should always, but always (i) "THINK", and if unsure (ii) "ASK"

Anyway

I bes good at conducting "dynamic risk assessments", which methology has got me to 52 uninjured, despite conducting apparently "risky" operations (except for sciata/back twinges)

As yon American logger so aptly put it

You caint fix STUPID

Edited by difflock