Pets at work

daveclark890

The dog was wandering round when the saws were quiet but when they started he walked off into the woods and only came back when the noise stopped! It was a little off putting bearing in mind it was my assessment but he seemed happy to just plod off.

I am hoping that my sprocker will enjoy being out and just run around the place cos he loves being out in all weathers!

I have my staffy with adhd come to work with me some big open jos I will let him run around he needs lots of exercise but I never let him lose with machinery he also gets a good run up the yard when unloading unfortunatly he hasa weekness for for feeline meat so an electric dog collar has been fitted which stops him very quickly. The worst culprits for lose animals are customers when opperarting the saw or the strimmer a terrier or collie jumping barking and bitting the moving parts should send alarm bells ringing but oh no he will bored in a minute yeah when his head gets ripped off.

Do excuse the spelling im a little country simple!

all depends how well behaved the dog is sadly my dog died last year but i take my parents dogs with me when im doing woodland work and yeah they have a good run about but they never chase anything and when the saws start up they go back to the truck without being told and stay there till i say different but they are all farm dogs so got a good idea on how to stay out of harms way

P311011_15_46.jpg.5ec15dcf33fa6b5f73189c499aaabaef.jpg

doesnt seem very on to have the dog loose whilst being assesed, theres enough things you need to concentrate on without a dog running around!

saying that i let my lab loose on the estate i work on,like others have mentioned when the saw starts up she goes off.

just need to be careful if where you work has a shoot as a dog loose when the birds have been released or during shooting season will bring down the wrath of the game keeper!:thumbup1: