SEASONED Hardwood wanted will pay CASH

Logs4you.co

i only sell the wood in bulk... what they choose to do with it is up to them... i'm not retailing it as firewood.... although my own beech thats in 2.4m lengths that was cut in march last yr is being split and delivered straight out at around 18% so i assume birch/ alder will be that moisture.. to be honest some of the birch was looking too far gone to me...i wouldnt wanna keep it for next year..

It is possible to be too dogmantic - wood does season as cord, just not nearly so fast as split timber does but it does dry, especially if it is lifted off the ground a little and stacked out in the open.

At the end of the day the drying rate is a function of many things, which includes ratio of surface area to volume. Small diameter cord will dry much quicker than thicker timber.

One of the biggest moans that felling and forwarding contractors have is weight loss in the stack whilst awaiting uplift.

If you have got firewood at 18% then it is seasoned.:thumbup1:

Wish I had some of your beech cord, mine which was cut may last year approx

8 inch dia is 35% within 6 inches of the end. The other variable which helps is time of year its cut and if its left in shade or open sun. Mine will be processed in a few weeks time I find if you do it now it will go mouldy on the end.

It is possible to be too dogmantic - wood does season as cord, just not nearly so fast as split timber does but it does dry, especially if it is lifted off the ground a little and stacked out in the open.

At the end of the day the drying rate is a function of many things, which includes ratio of surface area to volume. Small diameter cord will dry much quicker than thicker timber.

One of the biggest moans that felling and forwarding contractors have is weight loss in the stack whilst awaiting uplift.

If you have got firewood at 18% then it is seasoned.:thumbup1:

I can vouch for that. Bought 40 tonne of sitka recently. Felled last may. Stacked high up on the hill, very exposed to wind. processed just before xmas and mc averaged 18%. Some of it was showing at 14% (6 to 8" diameter stuff). Happy days:thumbup:

Hardwood is more problematic. I too have found birch and beech cord up to about 6" or 7" to be dry enough after 4 to 6 months. Above that size forget it...it has to be split.

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

Edited by firewood