tips from business owners!

Czlowiek Drzewo

i run with 2 climbers, we knock out reductions in half the time and chip up together. that way theres nobody standing around and your climbing for half the time

with my mini loader we can shift timber quick and save on clearing up sawdust

no other companys round my way work this way

who has the advantage?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i run with 2 climbers, we knock out reductions in half the time and chip up together. that way theres nobody standing around and your climbing for half the time

with my mini loader we can shift timber quick and save on clearing up sawdust

no other companys round my way work this way

who has the advantage?

Sorry to divert from the thread, but which mini loader do you have? Iv been getting quite excited about the Boxer ones recently. Seems like lots of Arb chaps are heading down this route. maybe they will be the next chipper/stumpgrinder mainstay piece of equipment!

I really agree on the weekly target thing, I run like this, I have low overheads so it makes it a bit easier in the quite times. This leads to the key of how to run YOUR buisness, know your overheads in your sleep, know exactly how much you need to make at all times, know you buisness like your women:) it has taken me 10 years to work out what works and what doesn't, I've had the 2 vans, valmet& botex etc and it didn't suit me, I now have a slim line operation and I'm happy.:) it's a really good thread this and people can learn from it.

Sorry to divert from the thread, but which mini loader do you have? Iv been getting quite excited about the Boxer ones recently. Seems like lots of Arb chaps are heading down this route. maybe they will be the next chipper/stumpgrinder mainstay piece of equipment!

boxer 427

59765f8a84aab_work153.jpg.aa632dff3aae0aaa4751ad8398e961fc.jpg

i work on a monthly target so if i hit it in a week i can have 3 weeks off if i wish, i also dont have an overdraft i keep my account healthy, i keep under the vat limit as i was vat registered once and i did not like it, i bring in help when i need it, i too in the past have had staff and bigger equiptment but it was not for me, so i run my business the way i prefer and this keeps me happy, the most important thing :thumbup:

i would say though that my business has changed since meeting stevie blair and tom d as i now charge a far better rate than i did in the past and yes i did lose customers but i found that even having less customers i was making more money, this then gave me more time to focus on the good customers that pay the better rate :biggrin: