friendly advice

plank_pusher

I'm on year 2 of a level 3 Arb course aswell. This year started off really slow but it's all coming together now and we've just been given a couple of big assignments that brings all our knowledge together. Does your course finish in June? You might as well stick at it because it'll be over before you know it. What college are you at?

yeah our year started out the same really, but it still feels like we're doing some pretty irrelevant stuff. i know its only a couple more months but when moneys tight its a struggle to carry on. i'm at houghall in durham. we've been hammered with huge business assignments and now just had a massive conservation assignment thrown at us. hardly got any assignments up until christmas, maybe one or two

thanks everyone for the advice and i'm going to stick in, so in about five months time be expecting some forum hasstle for jobs :001_tt2:

Edited by plank_pusher

I love this kind of thread, experience versus qualifications, you get the qualifications youll get the experience after, it puts you in a much stronger position than anyone who can just drive a chainsaw, as for just knowing latin names etc, hmm says it all, put it this way, stick the course out, then the day when it is too wet to work up a tree, you can stay in the dry and write tree reports and mortgage surveys for £55 per hour. The difference between someone who knows the physiology of a tree, which enables you to understand how to prune a tree and when and how it will respond puts you in a much stronger position, you also come across to customers with more confidence and knowledge. Knowledge is an exceptionally strong instrument in amongst the arboricultural tool box

• 2 weeks later...