benifits cap @ £26k

Johny Walker

I know of a young lady who at the age of 16 was asked what she was going to do now she was leaving school, her reply "get pregnant and get a council house and benefits, you gotta work the system"???? She should have been shot!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local dole office is just off the main road and can be clearly seen when passing its always got the local addicts and drinkers sat there waiting for a hand out what does that tell you about where are tax is going. Its wrong but what can we do about it??

A good start would be limiting what is paid out for as per my previous post and making sure money doesn't pass through the wrong hands eg by directly supplying groceries to benefits claimants. It wouldn't be too difficult to have a direct payment system for a list of approved items, ie no super strength lager or alcopops etc, from approved suppliers. Granted, the set up would cost but then by buying in bulk with an account from the suppliers a discount would be expected. :001_smile:

I know of a young lady who at the age of 16 was asked what she was going to do now she was leaving school, her reply "get pregnant and get a council house and benefits, you gotta work the system"???? She should have been shot!

No her parents/parent should of been shot!

I work 80 hours a week at least for less than £26k

It makes me extremely angry to see some woman on prime time news whinging she can bring up her five kids in her smart house in london with car parked outside for any less than the £32k she receives in benefit.

Perhaps keeping her legs shut and moving out of london would help

Maybe she was born where she still lives, and maybe the dickhead who impregnated her did a bunk! its not unheard of! I know loads of men that have got bored and have run off back home to mummy leaving a women to single handedly bring up the kids.

Lol those politicians are clever buggers, divide and rule thats the motto.

Jeremy Kyle show should be pulled, not Press TV

Edited by Lee Winger

I live in a council house but I pay my rent and tax.

Was on benefit once in my life after college finding a job, was claiming for 3 months, quit after that as I couldn't stand going down there anymore, places stink with the addicts and boozers.

Claiming put me in a state of "why should I get out of bed and go do something it's easier to claim" turned lazy and got fat. Still remember the first day back working, and it was on a chipper with conifer. My body hurt like hell.

Agree with a lot of what is being said, I think I hate the people that love in a huge house when it's just two of them and there landlord is claiming loads in housing, move them into a smaller house and move a larg family in, we can't do naff all about what is going on but at least make it worth while.

What gets me is people on benefits seem to drive better cars than me, and they can drink all day.... Wish I could afford that, when I started working I was on 14000 per an. Don't Think anyone could survive on that now.....