Stein Arborist Helmet

RC0

What defenders did you go for Mozza? Are they the Sordin left/right jobbies?

Hiya mate, i got the peltor optime 2's that Marc has just mentioned, they are REALLY good, keep the noise right down, i do again agree with Marc that the Stein isnt head and shoulders above the vertex AND it is on the warm side, i dont think id wear it full time in the summer to be honest, id have a normal ground helmet as they're much cooler, However At the moment its doing me proud and it is great :thumbup1:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally tried mine out today - cask helmet with sordin ear muffs, which are bloody massive. I'm not overly impressed with the earmuffs in terms of how much noise they reduce, in fact they don't seem as good as the husky ones on a husky helmet. They seem to sit nice when in use but don't seem to clamp my head quite as snug as the husky ones do. I've gone for the sordin muffs rated to 31 and for the size of the things I'd of thought they would have reduced the noise quite a bit more.

I do like the helmet though and as its my first mountaineering style I can immediately feel the difference in how it sits and I'm not constantly lifting the peak away from my eyes. Has anyone else tried the sordin muffs?

hi Lancstree the husky muffs are made by msa sordin just badged as husky. you have the left and right,ear defs on at the mo which have just come out.If you still have a problem you want the sordin HPE defs 31snr or the EXC @ 26snr these are the same as the huskys your used to.

Yes Dave I have the left and right types. The thing is they seem really hollow compared to some other earmuffs I have of similar size and snr rating (though these are just the headband type, not helmet mounted). I'm thinking of adding a bit extra foam inside to see what that does but I shouldn't have to. Maybe its just because I've got a small head! Now that I have the MSA mountings, can I use my old muffs from my husky helmet or will they not fit?