Level 3 certified but what now?

jim11

Hi all, where finally got my tech cert! and for the last month been applying for jnr consultancy positions, surveyor jobs etc but am having no luck at all. I live in brighton so looking for work between here and london . Finding just because you have a certificate employers still want experience.

Just wandering if people were experiencing the same problem?.

Oh well keep at it !

Hi all, where finally got my tech cert! and for the last month been applying for jnr consultancy positions, surveyor jobs etc but am having no luck at all. I live in brighton so looking for work between here and london . Finding just because you have a certificate employers still want experience.

Oh well keep at it !

Hi Jim, well done with the Tech Cert, no mean feat these days!

I know it involves more expense but it might be worth thinking about the Lantra Prof. Tree Inspection course to further enhance you're employabililty (hopefully). I know this doesn't give you the expereince employers are looking for but it does help to demonstrate competence at tree inspections and it might just put you ahead of the competition...just a thought.

Good luck..

Paul

Oh well keep at it !

I think you will also find its a bit to do with the recession- once things pick up the BS5837 consultancy stuff will flood in, you wait and see- Lantra PTI would be a good idear also what about doing level 4 or 5 while its all in your head? that would get you Professional membership with the AA. With all that youd find work and good money around London.