gutted :(

jazz_11

alright fellas just thought i would come on here for abit of a rant lol...

im a student in college (19) recently done my chainsaw course, the fee is 300 quid, i sent in for a endownment fund to the "local council" put down for all my kit, the course and other courses which i should do while in college, i got a letter back from them in october saying its being processed i will find out in january.. thinking everything will be ok i done my chainsaw course in november, havent paid for it, told the college im waiting for the funding, got a letter through today saying im not classed as part of the allocated area !!! gutted im now 300 in debt with the college, and no money for kit or anything !!! abso gutted ! :(

I think it's only free if your under 18, my lad Matt is in his second year of an ND, finishes in June and has just applied for the degree course but he will have to fund this with a student loan for about 10k over the 3 years!

Stop ranting and get a saturday job, a night job etc etc and earn some money to pay for kit like most of the older guys on here have had to do, i dosnt hurt!

I think it's only free if your under 18, my lad Matt is in his second year of an ND, finishes in June and has just applied for the degree course but he will have to fund this with a student loan for about 10k over the 3 years!

Stop ranting and get a saturday job, a night job etc etc and earn some money to pay for kit like most of the older guys on here have had to do, i dosnt hurt!

Depending where he does the degree, the fees could be as much as £9k per year!

Why do so many people need degrees these days? You see them later on bleating on the TV that they can't get a job and they've got a masters. There were a couple of them on last night. Looked like they had the combined common sense of a turnip.

I didn't go for a degree because I didn't want to pursue a career which required one.

Why do so many people need degrees these days? You see them later on bleating on the TV that they can't get a job and they've got a masters. There were a couple of them on last night. Looked like they had the combined common sense of a turnip.

I didn't go for a degree because I didn't want to pursue a career which required one.

Fair point.... Like you I chose not to go for a degree but did choose to pursue a career which was perceived to need one. Actually, as it turns out, you don't need one and experience is just as good! :thumbup:

I do feel that the Commies obsession with making everyone equal and encouraging EVERYONE to go to university [and making it some kind of divine right & essential qualification to exist] has devalued degrees a lot.... A 'degree' in leisure & tourism is not quite the same as a degree in quantum mechanics is it....? And as you point out, suddenly there's lots of people out there with BA's who are baffled as to why the haven't got a 40% taxed job.... Er... Media studies from an ex-poly is not quite in the same league as maths from Cambridge! :001_rolleyes::laugh1: