RIKO Farmi Mastersplit wp36

farmer_ben

Hello all,

I have been told the in-feed chambers are better reinforced on new the machines. The ‘spare part’ version has also had the same structure changes. However we have only really sold them to customers who’ve been loading the processors with a crane, digger or log deck with a drop to it. There have been other contributing factors in some rare cases but we will always do our best to help out when we can; be it a newer machine, older machine or a recently purchased second hand machine.

Constructive feedback is also welcomed on an email so we can forward it onto the factory. For example, Woodworks sent us an email with images of the modification he’s made. They were swiftly sent onto the factory. We also had a great opportunity to discuss the WP30/36 with Farmi at the APF and some of our comments have been taken into strong consideration.

Give us a shout if you feel I can be of any help. Although we are officially closed from the 23rd till the 3rd, we will unofficially be checking emails over the festive break should you need anything.

Have a great Christmas & new year all :santaclaus:

BR

Calum @ Riko

01420 487300

Hello all,

For example, Woodworks sent us an email with images of the modification he’s made.

Please do share here. Might do that while I'm working on it. Likewise Fisherman if you could post a photo of your re-inforcement.

Calum H, my machine infeed looks pretty much identical to the images of Fishermans on page 2 of this thread - a wedge shaped gap between the static and moving plates (that's not just perspective) and that thin bit of metal underneath the plate in the second picture is bent in the same way.

Infeed plate should be released just by undoing the bolts on the nylon blocks underneath?

I'm sorry yebaws but I don't have the machine anymore so can't take a picture. Once straightened I welded some 8mm plate inside down the whole length and with the flap on the end I welded a plate across the whole back of it to effectively turn it into box section. I didn't find riko any help at all. In fact they just annoyed me by saying I must have dropped a log onto it as that was the only way it could have bent. I never loaded it with the tractor, don't have a crane and everything that went through the processor was picked up by me or the log lift.

I never loaded it with the tractor, don't have a crane and everything that went through the processor was picked up by me or the log lift.

ditto.

Sounds more or less like what I was planning. Thanks for all your help. Just have to work out how to detach and re-attach the ram from inside the splitting box...

ditto.

Just have to work out how to detach and re-attach the ram from inside the splitting box...

Actually, could really do with some help with that...can't see a way to get the infeed plate / splitting box out without cutting through a weld somewhere or taking apart a lot of hydraulics. Is there a workshop manual Calum H?

If I remember rightly you remove the retaining pin at the back of the ram and the bolts on the underside of the guide which I mentioned on an earlier post. 12 and 13 on page 48 of the manual. It's a two man job and requires a bit of wiggling to get it out. You may need to remove a few guards as well but I don't have any so wouldn't know.

Farmi operators book WP36-EN from serial 150040.pdf

Edited by Woodworks

I have the underneath bolts out already. To remove the ram from inside the splitting box, I undid the bolts on outside end of it (on the bot that pushes the logs) Then realised that these had been welded on the inside and undoing them didn't release the hydraulic ram arm anyway. Your method of detaching the ram from the main frame and taking it out with the plate was going to be my next approach. The top of the pin, however, is welded onto the frame which was why I wondered if this was the right approach. but I suppose I'll just have to grind through the weld and re-weld when I put it back. Will take some photos.

Don't think I'll have any guards in the way.

Thanks for the manual. I have that one anyway. Was just wondering if there was a workshop version (for service people rather than consumers)