Husqvarna 440e bar oil output

Ashes_Firewood

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck, but bear in mind the 440E series chainsaw is classified as a "landowner" or "farmer" use chainsaw and not a fully professional use machine.

If you are a professional chainsaw user and it has been used as such and your dealer is aware of this (via your receipt, or your van or even you admitting as such) then the warranty is reduced to 90 days (or in some cases nil) so even if it's a genuine manufacturing fault, but is over 90 days old then no warranty would apply for a pro-user.

Had a similar problem to this a few years ago on an old saw. Picked up two bottles of chain oil, not the usual stuff I buy, and filled up. Bar and chain were getting hot and not cutting well.

Compared the two bottles of chain oil and the one I had used was slightly milky, I guess it had got water in it some where along the line. Took the saw apart to find the bar had warped and the chain was done for.

Strangely the other bottle of oil was fine and was used with no problems at all.

Went in to my the local husky dealer and had a word, he asked if I got it from them, when I said no he wasn't interested. Said to take it back to who I bought it from. All he suggested was to clean the bar out which I said I'd done.

Think I'm going to get a new bar, got a spare chain already so I'll try that. Starting to think it could be what shanks said, the bar got blocked up, got too hot and warped.

I am assming this local dealer is an authorised Husqvarna main dealer with a direct account rather than a dealer that just happens to sell a few Husky products via a wholesaler?

If you are sure he/she is a main direct account dealer then refer to my post of yesterday and contact Husqvarna direct on 08448-444567. This is the dealer support number, which only dealers have. Explain you have been to this authorised dealer and they have refused to entertain the machine. It is still under warranty, you are the original purchaser and you have your proof of purchase.

Too often this happens and delaers like thick need a kick up the back-side. They need to realise it's what they sign up to when then become an authorised agent. They might not like it, but they need to understand people move about the country, so it stands to reason they may get the odd machine in that was purchased out of their catchment area, not to mention dealers in other areas do go out of business, but the warranty period doesn't end when a dealer goes bust!

I was a husky main dealer for five years, and I was often receiving calls from Husky customer services asking me to take a look at customers' machines that I hadn't sold, but were still under warranty. I can assure you if I rejected more than the odd one I very soon received a visit from my Husky area manager pointing out I couldn't have my cake and eat it!

Unless there's a technicality you are not telling us, then don't give up and persist until you get satisfaction.

They are definitely dealers. He couldn't get rid of me quick enough once I said it wasn't bought from them. I said I didn't buy it from somewhere round here and all he said was phone the manufacturer. Said he'd have to charge if I wanted him to look at it.

I'll still try a new bar as no harm in having a spare anyway. If that doesn't work then I'll phone Husqvarna and see what they say.

It may not be the case here, but its worth noting that many manufacturers will not support warranty if the sale was made outside of their on-line sales policy, i.e without the proper handover.

Another disadvantage to buying on-line.

As I said, this may not be the case here, but it is another reason why dealers are reluctant to take on warranty from equipment they have not sold.

Not that it matters, but 08448444567 is the main public switchboard, you will need to ask for the warranty dept by pressing the relevant number that the mechanised lady gives you.

Edited by GardenKit

Fair point. If you purchased it on-line without going through the dealer Husqvarna hand-over and PDI (which was introduced 2 or 3 years ago) then your local dealer may be able to reserve the right not to look at it. However if you purchased it on-line from from an authorised Husky dealer without going through this process since this proceedure was intoduced then the supplying dealer is in breach of the dealer policy anyway.

Assuming the pdi/hand-over proceedure was implemented by your supplying dealer in accordance with the latest Husky dealer policy then your local dealer can access all your and the supplying dealers warranty registration detail via the husky dealer password protected website to confirm the warranty is in order and they should still look at it under the terms of their agreement.

I suspect your local dealer have their own company policy regarding third party warranty repairs which more often than not is in conflict with the manufacturer.