LR Defender Concept

volvo

Well i'll be keeping my TD5 110 because i can carry more (shelved) items than i can in any 4x4 truck that i have found.

The defender lost there way when they put all the electronics in them that is why they lost contracts to the armed forces.

Cocept or not a lot of what is there will probably be carried over to production as happens with other items.

I think they still make the 300 for export or they did.

Perhaps if LR didn't waste millions? on concept cars that will never see the production line and concentrated on the core values of their brand, they could save a few pounds and build a range of real trucks geared at the millitary (doestic and foriegn) and utility companies. Say a 6x6, chassis cab with the tdv6 or tdv8 in a simplified form, around the 5t gvw mark. Big gap in the market there. and then look at light 4x4 usage in the same way. truck cab a disco 4 make it simple, shed the gadgets and use whats lying around and is known to work, the 6x6 could be used to move my soap box from rant to rant!!!!!!:001_rolleyes:

First of all that is more along the lines of a Disco/Freeland sport, sorry meant 'Evoque' than a Defender. Unless its a proper workable tool then don't insult the name, but they will sell loads coz lots of ***** who live in Chelsea etc think its cool, coz it looks good.

Much the same as these Twisted performance 110's you see about, godawful, and wouldn't get very far off road with their stupid size tyres.

I drove London to Cape Town then lived in Africa for a few years, took a LR 130 sold then in Southern Africa and drove Toyota Land Cruisers after, 80's series safari wagon and the 70 series chassis cab, if I could get hold of a decent Toyota Land Cruiser chassis cab I would. Awesome truck with legendary reliability, just go on and on for ever.