CS38 coming up, any advice?

Maxnaggle

Hi all, Got my cs38 coming up at the start of next week, got all the gear, but have no idea! ive read through the assessment criteria and stuff like that but i was wondering if anyone had any advice atall?

ive been trying to find tutorial videos on youtube on how to climb trees using climbing irons/harness' etc but cant really find much!

any info would be appreciated! thanks :001_smile:

make sure you know your criteria...some assessors are really hot on asking every question others may just ask a few but you never know and the climbing has quite a lot to know in it.

make sure you can do a high and low brach walk i got caught out in my test on that as i had never really practiced doing a high one...end of my branch in my test was level with my anchor and it was a high as i could get it safely. it was fine just took my time.

practice your spike single and belay rescues as well as if you can do these smoothly then the assessor will like it!

Good Luck :thumbup1:

make sure you know your criteria...some assessors are really hot on asking every question others may just ask a few but you never know and the climbing has quite a lot to know in it.

make sure you can do a high and low brach walk i got caught out in my test on that as i had never really practiced doing a high one...end of my branch in my test was level with my anchor and it was a high as i could get it safely. it was fine just took my time.

practice your spike single and belay rescues as well as if you can do these smoothly then the assessor will like it!

Good Luck :thumbup1:

Make sure you have a confident climber with you when doing this, needs to be somebody capable of rescuing you and stopping you if somthing goes wrong

good luck with it all and the assessment

Are you having training before the assessment? the trainer will presume you know nothing, show you exactly what you will need to know, so dont worry! they want to teach you the basics so you can gain experience safely as you start to climb.

you will be fine,we are in the same boat when we start!

dont do anything at the moment and just wait for the training,they will show you everything you need to know,thats their job at the end of the day,

when i took 38/39 i was green to climbing,but like most on here have done,just go on the course,listen,take in all that is said,watch everything thats going on and read,and read and read your paper work:thumbup1:

no need to go and practice,i dont want to read on here you have had a bump a week before your course due to inexperience.

all the best:thumbup: