Sun Dried African Firewood

windfall

Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you guys have any experience of the Sun Dried African Firewood thats available in the UK now?

I have bitten the bullet and bought a pallet load to see what its like and most importantly sells!

Any comments?

I took this from the companies website I bought my pallet from.

"Kameeldooring Sun Dried African Firewood 20kg Sack

Kameeldoring firewood has the lowest moisture content of any of our firewood and possibly any firewood in the world. It is baked by the African sun to between 0 to 1 % moisture content!!(compare this to domestic air dried woods at around 30% and domestic kiln dried wood at around 18 - 20%!) The wood starts with ultra low moisture content due to the lack of water in it's habitat and the job is finished off by the unforgiving African sun!

Packed in clean, easy to handle 20kg (approximately) large polypropylene sacks.

Benefits of this ultra low moisture content, ultra dense, ultra beautiful African firewood include:

Amazing long burn times, virtually zero smoke production, no wasted energy burning off extra moisture and the very best return in calorific value terms that money can buy - the 20kg bag is roughly equivalent to 3 or 4 large nets of seasoned domestic firewood due to it's density, heat output and longevity!

The common name Camel Thorn is loosely translated from the Afrikaans name “Kameeldoring”, coming from kameelperd (giraffe). Early South African settlers gave the tree the moniker of Kameeldoring (giraffe thorn).

Giraffe are this trees best friends, they have adapted to cope with the trees many thorns and choose it as one of their favourite foods.

Our Kameeldooring firewood is responsibly cropped with governmental co-operation with local landowners and farmers.

Our firewood is taken from the brances that fall from the trees due to their exceptional weight. Axes must be seriously sharp to split this firewood!

Kameeldoring burns with minimal flame, a musky aromatic fragrance and creates serious amounts of charcoal This is a superb cooking wood, is perfect for fire pits and chimneas and has exceptionally long burn time!

Due to the desert like climatic conditions kameeldoring has a moisture content of almost zero – you are therefore buying almost no moisture - only super dry, super dense firewood!

Beautiful African firewood now available in the UK!

Time to light the braai!"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll have a fair few "wood miles" on it!

To me buying wood in from another county is a sin, let alone another country, or even continent!

ditto, must be a ridiculous use of energy to transport and i wouldnt trust any ecological claims, but hey who knows? hot hot hot!