Commercial Climber

Arran Turner

What do you guys think the requirements are? I know requirements is very generally and you can be over qualified but I just want to know what tickets and certs im looking to do in the future, I understand i have to do cs 30 31 38 39 chipper but besides them what else is useful :thumbup:

Thanks folks

Arran

What do you guys think the requirements are? I know requirements is very generally and you can be over qualified but I just want to know what tickets and certs im looking to do in the future, I understand i have to do cs 30 31 38 39 chipper but besides them what else is useful :thumbup:

Thanks folks

Arran

I would say a couple of years working for a firm, never mind numbers and letters.

Sorry if I sound too old school, :001_smile:

Hi there it's always a hard one but it's best to work for a company a couple of years as a groundy/ second climber you will need your 38/39 to get you cutting and climbing but it's only time on the tools that will help you become a good cutter .

When you first get your tickets don't be tempted to sub out as a climber as you may come unstuck as when you first start climbing / cutting its a massive learning curve and you will need to be looked after for a while by the other climbers you will work with .

If you can get a job as a learner climber then that's the best way forward as you will not be expected to be able be able to cut above your ability .

I wish you all the best , climbing is a wonderful job but it will take a real determination and lots of hard work to get good

All the best

Littletree:thumbup:

depends who you want to work for - if its as a SE/ subby worker to small or one man band outfits you probably just need to add experience to your list for now

if its working for a comercial outfit then You will need a ticket for everything you would be expected to do in the work place to make yourslf comercially viable to a prospective employer wether your on the books or self employed

so as brothergrim added - 40 41 etc

I don't think you can ever be over qualified for any job but I have had my share of contract and sub climbers over the years and the ones I always rely on are the ones that are trust worthy, honest and reliable if you have these traits then you will go far. Your employer should only ever need someone with proven technical ability not depth and understanding of why work should be done so look for more practical tickets if you want to go down the contract route.

There alot of folk out there who put them sleves across as competent and experienced, I was nervous as hell when i went self employed and started subbying that i wouldnt quite make the grade, but the time i spent working for firms and studying set me me well up, walk before you run and to be a real pro takes years, learn from those around you and be humble and honest and you will do well