What make of Quad?

blades

my choice would always be honda, personally wouldnt even look anywhere else, but, a qaud called 'canam' are meant to be very good, some reports are better than honda, alot of farmers etc are converting to them, could be worth a look, dealer back up is meant to be good as well.

Aaron

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Evening all, my first post so go easy on me. personally I think Yamaha make the best bikes, I've got a brand new Grizzly 550 and I can't rate it enough, very very quick and loads of power, I've had 2 passengers on board and it'll still do 45mph. Its good on fuel compared to my old quad and I've also got oversized 27-12-12 kenda bearclaw tyres fitted, which are awesome. My old bike was a Grizzly 660, had so much power, I once pulled a transit t350 out of the snow! I've also owned a honda 350, which was still going strong even though it had done 2350 hours!

IMAG0255.jpg.a5a284272cddbf51f0765f2f8da68da1.jpg

I have a Suzuki Eiger for say 4 yrs - brill quad, reliable etc.:thumbup1:

My prob was cost, so to go for a size that would be big enough etc. Nothing local secondhand, so looked on site for when 'quads run free' Wales and the North. Found a 3 yr old Eigar 4x4 manual 2300 miles at a dealer in Ryhader, it turned out he was the original supplier for one owner so he included the original 'certificate of new', this means I can prove it's mine as quads have no log book and loads get stolen, so it could be a risk to buy S/H.

My tip would be not to go too old or from keepers as they are often poorly treated

recently bought a yamaha kodiak 400, good bike, i was going to buy a honda but a guy in the trade told me about some gearbox trouble in a few models... bought the kodiak because it uses a belt system (ultramatic) seems straight forward system... selectable 4x4 wearing bearclaw tyres i pulled a twin axle trailer whose brakes were stuck on on 2 of 4 wheels! want to builda couple of trailers for pulling timber now

I use the big diesel Arctic Cat 700 and its pretty good. Never really had any trouble with it considering it hardly ever gets serviced. Lots of torque so it can pull most things but the steering is a bit stiff. They might have put power steering on the newer models though. Bare in mind its top speed is a mediocre 45mph