Fantastic new way to store firewood!

Al Baker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked at this but thought about standard stock fencing. Deer fence would be better as you could get much more in and not have to worry so much about stacking. The only question I have is how do you get them out of the bottom when you need them? Do you leave an access hole or something?

I'm doing something simular, I'm using old Gabion casing (square mesh boxes civil engineers use to fill with rocks to hold slopes back), they sit on a pallet lovely and as a bonus they are exactly a cubic meter in capacity. not suggesting its worth buying them new, but they come up at auctions quite often. also the cages off old chemical pallets work well.

I have tonnes of odd ends of stocknetting lying around. This will save folding it up and trying to cram it into the scrap metal![/quote

Perfect way to recycle it. There's 100's of miles of the stuff around here, rusting with nettles and brambles growing through.

A fair portion of the Highlands remains "Frontier country" even in this day and age. You can still stub your ribs on a dumped tractors steering column diving into a Loch.