Tractors

woody paul

the merlo is a great loader

i've driven a couple and they seem fine... wanna no what there like out in a field for 16 hrs a day when its 85-90 degrees loading bales... does the torque converter or engine run hot etc... you see a lot on building sites which is completly diff from the way we'd be driving it... we tow a lot with ours in the winter deliverin hay mostly.. we have 4 farms dotted around the countryside so lot roadwork involved... only merlos round here are on couple big arable farms where all they do is push up and load corn/fertilizer etc.... not a good test of how machine performs..

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've driven a couple and they seem fine... wanna no what there like out in a field for 16 hrs a day when its 85-90 degrees loading bales... does the torque converter or engine run hot etc... you see a lot on building sites which is completly diff from the way we'd be driving it... we tow a lot with ours in the winter deliverin hay mostly.. we have 4 farms dotted around the countryside so lot roadwork involved... only merlos round here are on couple big arable farms where all they do is push up and load corn/fertilizer etc.... not a good test of how machine performs..

could it be any worse than a manitou? Ours drives me nuts, but then so does the jcb, have been thinking merlo aswell seeing as its lot cheaper. Mates got one on dairy farm, they change it every 2yrs(they haven't a clue what oil change or grease gun means!) so they like it cheap and cheerful. But they don't use it for silage pit work as they have contractor and bales are done with big tractor and loader! Nothing is built to withstand a hard busy day on a farm! :thumbup:

could it be any worse than a manitou? Ours drives me nuts, but then so does the jcb, have been thinking merlo aswell seeing as its lot cheaper. Mates got one on dairy farm, they change it every 2yrs(they haven't a clue what oil change or grease gun means!) so they like it cheap and cheerful. But they don't use it for silage pit work as they have contractor and bales are done with big tractor and loader! Nothing is built to withstand a hard busy day on a farm! :thumbup:

we have a john deere [matbro painted green] at min.. its the 4th one we've had since 1996... unfortunatly they dont make em anymore which is real shame... every 3 yrs it was only costing around 15 grand to change with around 3000hrs on clock... now its gonna be over 30 to change unless we go for merlo... we did buy a little NH 6020 with a loader last yr which has taken lot pressure off the forklift.. i'd rather keep the john deere and spend another 20k on a 2nd used forklift but the old man wont have it... by the way, we're mostly ford new holland..... 8630.. 6020..6070.. 7030..8970 [proper tractor] 3155 fastrac..lateish MB trac with sprayer.. and lookin at a TM 155 in next week or so straight off local arable farm with 3k hrs on clock...

oh and by the way its ford or newholland here, closest dealer and they're after sales is brilliant!!! Would like a fendt but the dealers twice as far and they as much use as a chocolate fire guard!!!

HI mike ref fendt they don't brake down mate and they hold there value very well nice 936:lol: just the job jon :thumbup:

we have a john deere [matbro painted green] at min.. its the 4th one we've had since 1996... unfortunatly they dont make em anymore which is real shame... every 3 yrs it was only costing around 15 grand to change with around 3000hrs on clock... now its gonna be over 30 to change unless we go for merlo... we did buy a little NH 6020 with a loader last yr which has taken lot pressure off the forklift.. i'd rather keep the john deere and spend another 20k on a 2nd used forklift but the old man wont have it... by the way, we're mostly ford new holland..... 8630.. 6020..6070.. 7030..8970 [proper tractor] 3155 fastrac..lateish MB trac with sprayer.. and lookin at a TM 155 in next week or so straight off local arable farm with 3k hrs on clock...

Our TM155 has got 8500hrs onb clock on an 05 plate, straight and tidy its now our back up to the T7235. Been fairly good tractor i personally don't like it but the tractor driver loved it, i prefer our TM150. The 155 cost me £14000 for a new transmission 18months ago, think it was caused by the brake discs breaking up and obviously swimming round the transmission for a while!

I'm on the look out for a TW-35, just fancy having one of the beasts for the shear fun of it. Thats a proper engine with the turning circle of a container ship!!!:thumbup:

Our TM155 has got 8500hrs onb clock on an 05 plate, straight and tidy its now our back up to the T7235. Been fairly good tractor i personally don't like it but the tractor driver loved it, i prefer our TM150. The 155 cost me £14000 for a new transmission 18months ago, think it was caused by the brake discs breaking up and obviously swimming round the transmission for a while!

I'm on the look out for a TW-35, just fancy having one of the beasts for the shear fun of it. Thats a proper engine with the turning circle of a container ship!!!:thumbup:

we had same trouble with brkes, transmission, hydraulic pump on the 6070 and 7030.... had bill for nearly 20 grand in 1st yr of owning them... and warranty doesnt cover any of it... not good but every tractor apart from valtra suffers with brake problems from what i can see...

thats why we bought the 8970... 2001 with 4500hrs.. 2 owners from new totally as new condition for 23k.. thats a lot of 240hp tractor for the money.. and that;ll still be going when the 7030's in breakers yard..

does that merlo belong to your farm ben... we're seriously thinking about a new merlo this spring.. there 20 grand cheaper than equivelant jcb or manitou..

yeah it does, and its a cracking loader. new last march and hasnt missed a beat. to be fair its not worked that hard, but does far bit of road work harvest time and is loading grain lorrys all day most days in summer. we use it every day around the farm as we only have one tractor normally. tows well. cab is a bit basic, but then that doesnt bother me, compared to claas or manituo