Chainsaw trousers advice needed please

landrover 101

Looking to buy some chainsaw trousers with allround protection just not sure which ones to go for

What have you got and would buy again or had in the past and would not buy again and why ??

Have looked through a few old threads and will probably be not much wiser if anyone answers this one

I was looking for type c class 2 and was thinking of the high vis stretch air in orange (just cause i like the dayglo orange)

Any advice to confuse me even more greatfully received

Dave

The Husqvarna Pro-tech (or something like that) technical 4 way stretch all round protection trousers are great. Really stretchy, don't fall down, good for climbing in. Similar to the Stihl Hi-flex, but better in that they seem a lot tougher, a lot stretchier and I can get them on first time every time, even when they've been sitting around for weeks or months. I've had them about 3 years now, and went to use the ruler pocket.....and found it stitched shut. Probably why they were cheap on ebay!

Edited by Pedroski

The Husqvarna technical 4 way stretch all round protection trousers are great. Really stretchy, don't fall down, good for climbing in. Similar to the Stihl Hi-flex, but better in that I can get them on first time every time, even when they've been sitting around for weeks or months. I've had them about 3 years now, and went to use the ruler pocket.....and found it stitched shut. Probably why they were cheap on ebay!

wouldnt mind trying them meself but if we need trousers now our boss will only get us bright orange stretch airs everyone who has em says there realy heavy compared to stihls i predict my trousers will last forever.... with a bit of help! :001_rolleyes:

Oooh, your brave posting yet another "which pair of chainsaws pants are the bestest". Please don't feel offended if and when some other less patient/tolerant memebers get round to answering this and give you a bit of a roasting.... it crops ups sooooooooo often.

The answer to your quest is that you will never get a straight answer. There is no ultimate must have super chainsaw pants. Everyone is different, with different tastes, styles, needs, budget, and consequently everyone else will give you differeing advice.

For me, I use Stihl Hi-Flex (SHFx). My last 3 pairs were SHFx and my next 3 pairs will probably be SHFx. There comfy straight out of the box, resonably priced, do as described on the tin. I'm happy with them, and although only "Class 1" I still have both my legs and other dangly bits intact. :thumbup:

I did spend a while looking through old posts first and am aware that everyone will have a different opinion but i hadn't considered the husky ones so will shortly go and get my husky catalogue to have a look at them

I was pretty much down to either the stretch airs or the hi flex but if loads of people posted and said dont get these they fall to bits that may have helped influence my decision

will be going out in the morning to have a look and see what is available locally then make a decision - any help or opinions given before hand welcome