Which fog-free (mesh?) elasticated goggles?

Dan Frazer Gardening

Can they be worn over specs?

Nothing works over glasses. I have perscription glasses with with sides whuch is have found to be a good comprimise. But are still not partularly effective in windy weather.

Starting to think that contact lens and goggles might be the way forward.

Nothing works over glasses. I have perscription glasses with with sides whuch is have found to be a good comprimise. But are still not partularly effective in windy weather.

i wear lenses slack,tis the way to go,i could not wear glasses to do tree or any outdoor work,they just steam up!!

i wear the lenses through the day and then glasses in the evening to watch telly:thumbup:

my lenses are £13 a month,well worth it

Us 4-eyes don't have it easy. I have the added complication of scarring on my eyes from operations 10 years ago so I can't wear contacts or get lasered. It's specs all the way.

The stihl goggles appealed to me as the huge space inside them should allow a bit more air to circulate which means they hopefully won't steam up as fast.

Maybe I should give up saw use!

I wanted a pair for ages, only I dont buy expensive stuff with out picking it up first and trying it on, I could'nt find any thing local to australia, so I decided to buy some snow board style chemical goggles, and a replacement mes visor, oh and a tube of rubber glue and a black marker to cover up the glue,(my mate thought I had brought them It was such a good job). there is heaps on this online for bb gun stuff, you take out the plastic lense and use it to mark the shape, of the lense you want to cut from the mesh, then you just glue it in place.

well they worked (copped the end of my pole belt clip at full force.. just a dent) well but, the goggles I got were rubber, so the mesh got easily bent in my bag, if I made them again I would gett the goggles with the individual lenses, because they have a better structure, and they dont cover as much of your face so they dont get sandwiched between your helmet peak and the tip of your nose, the padding was wet suit which got to slimey when I sweated. and i would use fine mesh instead.

They were not CE but neither are some of the goggle listed here, and they worked, I was saved more than onece because of them, never came home with a scratch across my eyelids, as has happened to me with glass's and visors. they also had blind spots which took a bit of getting used to when you were in a tight spot, clear sides would help.

to be honest, i have given up on them as they had as many problems as goggles or visors. may make or buy a more expencive set up later, as I brought the cheapest stuff I could get away with.

These are good but word of caution - a subbie of ours had these and couldnt use them on some of worksites as they are are not CE marked as they are from the states - shame as excellent product

I have never had and have never heard of anyone being stopped and having there eye protection checked for CE compliance. So if you can't wear them what do you do? Go without any eye protection or just go home? Bugs are not impact resistant but for keeping dust out of your eyes they are not bad, saying that it seems whatever I wear I get something in my eye anyway.

Edited by High Scale

i race moto cross and enduro and have in the past worn my moto cross goggles over my glasses with no problems what so ever.

i have worn my race goggles up the yard but i tend to wear a really nice comfy pair of oregan work goggles