lorry / van costs

Drayton tree care

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iv been running a 6t for 12mths ,has a 2t payload with staff & kit, wich is 2t more than yr avrage 3.5t ,with staff & kit :biggrin:,as long as you have somwer to park it of road over nite ,youl be ok , o/l is about £750 ish all in last for 5yrs , my inspections are evry 12wks , but can vary on yr milage , i can also tow 2.250t, fuel bill not that much to worry about ,:thumbup1:

this what i have, :thumbup1:

you will tend to find unless you cannot physically cannot carry more than your limit overloading is always going to happen cos on the job you just keep stuffing it in thats part of the reason we went to a smaller box with the old one you could probably get 3.5t in the back of the transit :001_rolleyes: and even with a 7.5t if the space is there...

hi i have a 7.5 ton leyland daf i find when you are busy they are superb if you go quiet you tend to think they are not worth the hassle ! the cost of repairs if you buy a older one must be considered all said and done i have had mine 8 years and it has been well worth it and you have piece of mind on the overloading and towing issues look into a restricted o license vosa are there to help you get in touch with them you will be suprised how helpfull and good to deal with they are the vosa people i dealt with were spot on :thumbup1:

I was flooded with work so got a 7.5 tonne daf with Hiab it was about 10 years old. The day we got it the work dreid up, never had another job for it. Cost me £500 every 12 weeks in repairs was a dog. Got rid after 18 months for half the cost we paid for it. As soon as it was gone work flooded in and we have struggled for the last ten years. If I was going to do it again I would spend too much and a bit more on something up together and about 4 years old.