fake saw looking more like the real deals

littlerob

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you follow the link to the suppliers web site you can't help but be impressed. Between 100-200 staff iso cert. modern factory. Mr Huang looks like a busy bunny. It takes very little for a production line to change from making low grade to high grade products and the capability is there; as mentioned before they are producing a product they feel is demanded by the end user.

I'm not impressed at all. These suppliers are copying well known and trusted brand names to try and cash in on their good names. It is dishonest and deceitful. Granted that no-one in the know will be fooled but I'm sure there are many out there that genuinely think they are getting a bargain on a quality product.

I am under no illusions as to what the Chinese are capable of as I have an uncle who deals with suppliers and factories over there on a regular basis. I do wish they would just make their own saws and label them as such. At least then the customer knows they are buying a cheaply made saw, but for many this is all they need or want. If they are ISO certtified surely Husqvarna and Stihl would have no trouble making a case against them.

The name alibaba, say's it all to me!:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

Actually Alibaba is just an outlet for many companies. You can bulk order pretty much anything you want on there from dog collars to hairdressers chairs to auto parts. Most, though not all, is made in China, but there is quality stuff on there mixed in with all the rubbish. A friend opened a hair salon a few years ago and kitted nearly the whole shop out from stuff bought on that site. I was skeptical at first but the quality was top notch in the end and for a fraction of the price of buying in the west.

A friend of mine is in engineering and has used Chinese factories.

His son worked for Vince Cable carrying a the survey he did of British industry a few years go.

This type of story came up again and again in the survey.

You place an order, the first container comes, you check it, it's all good.

Second comes, all the same.

After a few containers you stop checking the content so rigorously.

Eventually, something fails underneath a customer.

When it was returned and examined the steel was found to be a fraction of the thickness it was supposed to be. When other examples were investigated further, the tube was found to have been getting progressively thinner with every order.

The Chinese aren't the cheap tat supplier we take them for, they're canny business people who think nothing of shafting Western customers.... They have got the market so well sewn up now they can get away with these things. How long it will last though I don't know...

I actively go out of my way to avoid buying Chinese made goods, it's difficult but possible in most cases, just takes homework and, sadly, a bit less for your money initially.

In the long run I reckon it makes good sense on various levels though.

IN know that many things - iPhones etc - are made in China and are 'good' products, but these things are actually quite disposable and we wouldn't hang our life off them. [i don't have an iPhone!]

A friend of mine is in engineering and has used Chinese factories.

His son worked for Vince Cable carrying a the survey he did of British industry a few years go.

This type of story came up again and again in the survey.

You place an order, the first container comes, you check it, it's all good.

Second comes, all the same.

After a few containers you stop checking the content so rigorously.

Eventually, something fails underneath a customer.

When it was returned and examined the steel was found to be a fraction of the thickness it was supposed to be. When other examples were investigated further, the tube was found to have been getting progressively thinner with every order.

The Chinese aren't the cheap tat supplier we take them for, they're canny business people who think nothing of shafting Western customers.... They have got the market so well sewn up now they can get away with these things. How long it will last though I don't know...

I actively go out of my way to avoid buying Chinese made goods, it's difficult but possible in most cases, just takes homework and, sadly, a bit less for your money initially.

In the long run I reckon it makes good sense on various levels though.

IN know that many things - iPhones etc - are made in China and are 'good' products, but these things are actually quite disposable and we wouldn't hang our life off them. [i don't have an iPhone!]

I agree with this in general, but to be fair there are good products coming out of China where the Western importer overseas the quality control.

As had been said before, if you want it good, they will make it good.

If you want rubbish they will make rubbish.

The way of avoiding trouble is to buy from reputable, UK based, suppliers who are selling chinese product, under their own banner, and with complete after sales care.

Also worth noting that when you buy product which is not chinese, eg Stihl, you will find components that are chinese built, eg Zama Carburettors.

Is a product only as good as its weakest link?? Food for thought!

You are correct of course, another guy I know was out there managing med equipment manufacture.... I believe branded goods manufactured for Western companies are to the same standard as they would be anywhere, it's home grown stuff or run of the mill alibaba type wholesale which is made on the cheap, and cheaper and cheaper as time goes by.

Either way, I disagree with the principal of having everything made in China because it's more cost effective..... I want 'Made in England' stamped on my stuff!