A how not to do it video

EddieJ

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a rule about slagging off other peoples work... I was doing my best there!

Anyway, why does that bother you? Just let them get on with it, and wait for them to die or get taken to court for trashing someone's car/house.

Too right, these people will always be there, they will only get the small scale work, why worry about it?

Am I the only person who gets wound up by chancers like this:thumbdown:

Skip part one and just cringe through part two.

How to use a chainsaw part 1 - YouTube

How to use a chainsaw part 2 - YouTube

You will never stop it mate, thats why majority of my work is utility work because pricing domestic work around us is just competing alot of the time with them exact types and why this recession carries on it will only get worse.

Until more enforcement is brought in they will always be a part of our profession.

Who knows the answer to the problem certainly beyond me how you solve the cowboy scenario like your post is showing, so im afraid grin and bare it and make sure your doing your bit right like the rest of us law abiding individuals.

Loved the panda safety hat Just picked mine up off ebay!

It's not a panda hat, and they weren't white trainers.... the monkey up the tree is actually a very rare white koala wearing a human mask [which has slipped] and those are his white feet... This is why he demonstrates such prowess when nimbly navigating his way around the tree with no safety equipment [deployed usefully] whatsoever.... Obviously...

Additionally, koalas are yet to master the art of chain sharpening...

Sam i feel that a lot of blokes on here would be frustrated to see these 'so called' Tree workers carrying out work to an at best 'shoddy standard' when we all put so much time, money, and effort into doing things as safely and proffesionally as possible.

Why get annoyed about something your not going to change? Your a pro and these lads are possibly not. Any energy you put into getting upset about this, would be better spent on thinking about how you can explain to customers how your different from these jokers.

That might seem silly, but pointing out at quote stage your insured and that you take the care of the tree and safety seriously makes you look great. If they then choose to go with someone else it's their call.

Ultimately, if someone were to post a vid of me trying to work on a car on a mechanics forum I'd get ripped. Doesn't mean I won't have a go. For all you know they might be homeowners. And I know.... Top handle and scabby harness.. Doesn't change the point, be proud your good and not angry others re bad.

In the construction industry, the CDM regulations place a legal responsibility on clients to employ a contractor with suitable working practices and insurances. If they do not they must share liability in the event of something going wrong.

While I'm dead against further regulation and bureacracy, you have to ask, if customers were to face legal action should something go wrong as a result of work being carried out by someone of their asking without adequate insurance for instance, would it drive cowboys out a bit further or make no difference? Maybe...

But as was suggested, would you want to work for the sort of people who would rather take a risk on someone not knowing what they're doing than pay someone to do it properly? In honesty you probably wouldn't, because you'd probably find them to be just like the cowboys they usually employ...