mixing two stroke fuel @50:1

predator

i was doing mt washing yesterday and as a part time lurker chainsaw user on here etc notice my lenor fabric conditioner top lol is just the right size for a 2.5 ltr mix or a babys bottle has all the markings on the side if your desperate lol right or so wrong ???

what have you used in the past as i know if doing a lot of cutting use 100mm to 5 lts fuel and any leftovers use up in my 30 year old hayter mower it loves it lol

also i often tip out any fuel i have left in my saws and use that up first thus keeps my chainsaw tanks clean and fresh fuel everytime etc my old lawnmower smells lovley so when i got no wood to saw up i can mow the lawn and and smell the two stroke dream on lol

My dad is a cheapskate, he uses an old Ivomec pour-on bottle (livestock medication) which is just like the stihl "squeeze, measure and pour" bottles, then buys the cheaper plain bottle and pours it into the ivomec bottle.

For small quantities I've used a syringe before (a fairly large one) as it's much more accurate than a cup/bottle for small quantities as I'm always worried about how much sticks to the sides etc. (bigger issue with smaller measures). A syringe is exact and very easy and clean to use.

My dad is a cheapskate, he uses an old Ivomec pour-on bottle (livestock medication) which is just like the stihl "squeeze, measure and pour" bottles, then buys the cheaper plain bottle and pours it into the ivomec bottle.

For small quantities I've used a syringe before (a fairly large one) as it's much more accurate than a cup/bottle for small quantities as I'm always worried about how much sticks to the sides etc. (bigger issue with smaller measures). A syringe is exact and very easy and clean to use.

i,ve try,d a syringe but the ones i had wifes a nurse :sneaky2:the ink markings on the side always fall/rubbs off but spot on for a small mix for strimmer etc if you only want a ltr mix add 20ml for 50:1

i wonder how many have thought of using a tea spoon lol which i would say is a very very big no no or the plastic spoons you get for you kids medicine lol 4 5ml spoons helps the chainsaw rundown lol

never done any of the above, but i did once measure a piece of timber with my nippers plastic crocodile, it was sort of accurate lol

LOL I GOT TOLD A STORY

my cousins chap sized his curtains by lying down on them on the floor he wanted a 6ft drop then cut them to size lol

many moons ago, I used a film developing measure bottle to measure accurately oil (50-1)

Then made the big mistake of washing traces of oil out of the measure with petrol.... result- it attached the plastic and left it opaque and not clear see through. It was before the days of oil coming in fancy easy measure bottles.

The saw was new, very noisy compared to todays standards, no front guard no break, BUT it did cut tons of fire wood over the years and left me with ringing ears, fingers that wouldnt work but great fun was had!

I swapped it for a cement mixer many years later.

many moons ago, I used a film developing measure bottle to measure accurately oil (50-1)

Then made the big mistake of washing traces of oil out of the measure with petrol.... result- it attached the plastic and left it opaque and not clear see through. It was before the days of oil coming in fancy easy measure bottles.

The saw was new, very noisy compared to todays standards, no front guard no break, BUT it did cut tons of fire wood over the years and left me with ringing ears, fingers that wouldnt work but great fun was had!

I swapped it for a cement mixer many years later.

I bet you struggled to cut wood with that! :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...