stihl 029 as a first chainsaw?

Maxnaggle

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with you & one here Husqvarna 254 , 300th aniversary edition full working order | eBay

Looks like he got his Stihl but no comparison & interesting to see how he gets on

memories:001_smile: mine was on a 18 (got long arms) still a great saw went to sthil 8 yearish ago when husky stopped the 272 (i still want another).:001_smile:

I used a husky 340 for 10 years as a firewood saw and general hack around garden doing rhoddy bashing etc and it only broke once and that was only starter cord. Lil slow but just kept on going and going.

can be got cheap enough on ebay but personally i would find local dealer, get to know them and see what trade in's they have. especially if like my local one he often buys back saws he sold in first place so guaranteed good.

THERE YOU GO

terence5424 he does repairs too for other guys as i found this out yesterday after talking to him etc he does the carb refurbs/repairs too nice guy from what i can tell he,s got very good feedback and has been very honest i think he may help you out with your first saw etc

For anyone planning on buying through ebay who isn't desperate - wait. Come March, prices will start to drop, probably min around mid-August, then climb again as the evenings get colder and people think about doing a bit of firewood for themselves (even though it will be far too wet to burn!)

For comparison, I picked up a very decent condition 026 last July for £98. Admittedly that took careful scanning of bad listings, but even the well listed ones were only making about £150.

Alec

Alec