Gloves?!?!

Arran Turner

Hallo guys,

Just wondering what gloves you are using, or if using none.

I like the idea of not using gloves, one less thing to forget/ lose/ pay for but when i climb my hands cannot cope. I have to grip twice a hard to hold on. I dont have ladies hands but they might not be climbing hardy yet?

Is anyone using a more permanent glove?

I currently use the latex palm gloves but they really dont last. when climbing my prussic or blakes hitch pinch the latex off.

Do I just need to man up :001_rolleyes:

Thank you

Arran

i have never had a problem with my hand climbing infact touch wood doing anything i never get blisters and my hands are actually quite soft i refuse to wear gloves until the point where my hands freeze or am dealing with brambles and have always been fine

it could be the rope, i cant say i was ever fond of the geko, but have used it and gloves weren't needed just to grip. I find with gloves you often have to grip the rope harder, especialy if they are thermal ones. All gloves have their advantages and disadvantages, and you have to try a lot to get the ones that are right for you. I now a bloke who climbs wearing marigolds.....

but mostly you just need to climb and get used to it. Being able to work with out gloves is good they nearly always get caught in your prusik or get in the way when tying knots. just find your self a woman who likes rough and tough hands and you'll be fine :)

Hallo guys,

I like the idea of not using gloves, one less thing to forget/ lose/ pay for but when i climb my hands cannot cope. I have to grip twice a hard to hold on. I dont have ladies hands but they might not be climbing hardy yet?

I currently use the latex palm gloves but they really dont last. when climbing my prussic or blakes hitch pinch the latex off.

Thank you

Arran

Best practice says gloves should be worn when working in the tree, it doesnt really say type or style just that they should be suitable for the task. I never wore them for years either on the ground or in the tree and by george do I suffer now with white finger etc, so if your just starting out put them on but always keep a couple of pairs because wet gloves are worse than no gloves regards vibration with tools ie chainsaws.

i have a gecko rope, there not the best but i put up with it :sneaky2: i think gloves would make a diffrence but i hate wearing them cause there either piss wet through, you end up losing them / forgetting them or you just wear them out, i got some fancy petzl leather one's and they lasted about a week before holes appered in the fingertips, waste of time IMO

Hallo guys,

Thank you

Arran

I seem to have the same problem by the sounds of it, i cant grip the rope without rubber grip gloves on. Is there such a thing as too much hard skin??