Saw

Stubby

Hi all . I am currently having problems with both my 357 and 346 ( as I was telling Spud recently) So as a stop gap I have just bought an Oleo-Mac with 18" bar and chain. Although it is a plastic crank case saw I was surprised at how well it performed . It is either a 45cc or a 52cc , can't tell as it has no label that I can see but is one or the other from the pics on their web sight . As I say it goes like a goodun .Has any one had experience of these saws ? I have only used Husqwvarna ground saws and the usual 020 . It lt looks almost new, very clean anyway . Cost me £70 which seems to me like a steal ? Regards Andy.:001_smile:

there hedge cutters blows the stihl out the water far beter built hedge cutters had two hedge cutters 6 years only replace them as the throtle was sticking wich ment the cutters moved all the time replaced with new hs86t and the and the hs81r wich cost around the £840 mark and there gutless and cant cut much bigger than 10mm without waiting into it chewes it was through where the Oleo-Macget it fiete in to the cutter cut trough in first go i have taken esay 20mm+ bits out only bought the stihls as there no dealers near me that sell oleo mac anymore wich is around 2/3 the prich cheaper than stihl's but EFCO is the same brand have a look at there website Efco | Brushcutters & Chainsaws | Garden Leaf Blower | Hedge Trimmers & Tractors

I agree with you totally about sthil hedge cutters , they are pants. I have 2 Husqvarnas , a long one and a single sided one . They sound more like saws when on full chat but I expect they are more expensive than the equivalent Oleo-Mac.

when i bought the Oleo-Mac hedge cutters they wer marked up for 245+VAT each got a pair single sdied blade and a double sides bale bought with 27inch cutters for 400 including VAT pound just wish i had a loacle dealer near me my local dealer was a tractor company that was just over a mile from my yard was going to buy the a saw but the owner said some times you can get the saws that keeps dropping the tightness of the chain but he did said tis around the one in every 100 saws he sold loads of the stuff mower strimmers saws the lot really

i can get parts no problem for almost anything Welcome to the Bodgers Website ask for sam he dad has handed the run of the company over to him can get alsorts of parts he has got my no end of echo strimmer heads from echo with in a week and anyone will tell you it takes ages to get parts from echo got me a coil plug for my brothers fergusson te20 tractor wich not even massey furgusson agent could get and got me some khloer engine parts top bloke he really will have the part for you when he says and knows what you want even if your no quite sure on its corect name or part number

I have a little Efco MT3500 (same company as Oleo Mac, different badge is only difference). It's seen a lot of abuse, and keeps going much better than any other 35cc saw I've used, plus pumps out loads of oil whereas the small Stihls seem to come ready blocked from the shop...

Can't fault it, and will be considering Efco for any future machinery. Plus I have a dealer in my village, only 200m down the road so no problems with spares :thumbup: