Hitch climber

VEG

It's not so much the pulley as the friction hitch you use with it which makes it easy.... The 'hitchclimber' is essentially a tending function but the arrangement of the holes on the pulley allows everything to stay nicely in-line and be connected thus.... A VT or distel are much smoother running hitches than a prusik or a blakes.... I've not climbed on a proper HC yet but I've researched it quite heavily and would really like to try..... I've tried to set up a 'faux HC' using the components I have to see if I should invest in the pulley & E2E cord....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could someone explain how it makes it easier to climb with rather than say a prussik?

A little bit about the price, those E2E cords aree like 27 quid approx you only need a little over a meter so tie your own cord and you will save 20£ right there.

But I am also sorry to say if you want to take full advantage you will need a pulley cambium saver to really make it shine, so more expense.

As for how it makes it easier to climb thats a hard one to explain, for a start I cannot go back to a prussik it would probably take me 6 weeks to develop the muscles to use it again. With a pulley cambium saver i hardly feel i have a rope on, as i'm not having to stress much to ascend or descend, i find I rarely body thrust using the tree to my advantage just with the HC to one hand tend the slack.

Its a brave new world beyond the humble prussik.

A little bit about the price, those E2E cords aree like 27 quid approx you only need a little over a meter so tie your own cord and you will save 20£ right there.

But I am also sorry to say if you want to take full advantage you will need a pulley cambium saver to really make it shine, so more expense.

As for how it makes it easier to climb thats a hard one to explain, for a start I cannot go back to a prussik it would probably take me 6 weeks to develop the muscles to use it again. With a pulley cambium saver i hardly feel i have a rope on, as i'm not having to stress much to ascend or descend, i find I rarely body thrust using the tree to my advantage just with the HC to one hand tend the slack.

Its a brave new world beyond the humble prussik.

That's right to take full advantage you will a cambium saver, all my gear delivered was £146, well worth it I would say.

only pulling your leg craig:thumbup:

i am in the process of switching to a hitch climber system,i have gone from climbing on 2 ropes and now use 1 and a wire core flip all the time

i have got the 2 petzl 0 biners at the moment,getting the eye to eye and pulley after crimbo..

if you want the complete set up take alook at this on the honey brothers website [£70ish plus vat]

martyn

[ATTACH]82970[/ATTACH]

Can you spec what wire core flip line you use? Im new to the climbing game and there are so many variations in lanyards and fliplines it seems full of endless combinations on different websites. Also what length you use, i know this will change from how big of trees you climb, just your most used length?

Or what you are going to use if you havent yet bought :001_smile:

Thank you very much

Arran

Can you spec what wire core flip line you use? Im new to the climbing game and there are so many variations in lanyards and fliplines it seems full of endless combinations on different websites. Also what length you use, i know this will change from how big of trees you climb, just your most used length?

Or what you are going to use if you havent yet bought :001_smile:

Thank you very much

Arran

hi arran

no problem! the wire core flipline is new england hi-vee 13mm@10ft with a small isc rope grab,stein tape sling and two isc crabs each end [30kn]

if you budget is limited,or you want you can use a prussik instead of the rope grab and tape sling

i used a prussik before i bought the grab and it does the job,with the grab you only need one handed adjustment

002.jpg.900c504e19322420e97cbb07653e399b.jpg

003.jpg.00d664ed351e026a37f494fbea225f6b.jpg

005.jpg.a466246afc5d868283b445e56b3d4004.jpg