1st Puma service

Jesse

OK after much shouting i got my 2011 1st service for £379 and the loan 2.2 LR 90 van for free, they did try and spring a £17 charge on for that but i said no. so to my review of the new 90 2.2 van , it seemed nippy around town, the clutch felt light and gear change was more smooth, i was hoping to see how quickly it would get up to 90mph on the motorway, thats its new uprated top speed, but it was disappointing, it was windy and thats how it felt, like driving into the wind, both leaving and going back, my foot was hard on the floor and i never got above 83 to 84mph , i dread to think what it would be like towing:thumbdown: so when i took it back i told the rep how good it was:lol: and asked what he would give for mine he 1st SAID £19,000 thats for a 2011 Hi Cap HD with air con power windows and other goodies and fancy paint, i said put it in writting and it then went down to £17,000hows that work? so i think im going to stick for the mo, apparently there are 2 variations of the new defender and both are bassed on the freelander, due to come out 2015

HI mate you must be NUTS to be going that speed in a 90 you will end up killing some one ma:thumbdown:te you need to get it rate back to 50 mph jon

HI mate you must be NUTS to be going that speed in a 90 you will end up killing some one ma:thumbdown:te you need to get it rate back to 50 mph jon

Sorry for the derail but that quote is excellent jon. You've set a new precedent with your smiley in the middle of a word.......congratu:thumbup:lations.

Edited by Mick Stockbridge

No im not nuts the new landys are not the same as the old ones, for a start there is NO play in the steering wheel not like the old ones with half a wheel of play, the new Pumas have been designed with motoway driving in mind, the new 6 speed box is perfect for distance driving at speed, once you are in 6th gear you are only just over 2000rpm at 80mph. my last truck was a 2009 shogun and i think the Puma handles better than that did , the build finnish was better on the Shogun, but the Pumas better both on and off road , the brakes are very responsive, i do alot of motoway driving, i consider traffic conditions and if they permit i will travel at 80mph with no problem at all, i still have to move over for everyone else whose doing over 80mph and thats a lot of other cars 4x4s and the odd 7.5 lorry. i know when its safe to travel at speed and when its not, iv been driving for 32years with no convictions or points, i take onboard what you are saying and i do remember what the old landys drove like, the Puma is in a different league. im not NUTS. on the day of my testing the new 2.2 i was just trying to make a comparison. its soon going to be legal at 80 isant it? and iv never even been pulled by the popo