Petrol blower

Guss109

Reviving this thread to save making a new one. Can anybody tell me about the BG 66 blower? I am looking at getting the 86, but don't really need the leaf shredding capabilities, the 66 looks quiet, powerful and a touch cheaper?

EDIT: Also, would people really rate a backpack blower over a handheld? I have limited space in the back of my truck, and I like the convenience of a handheld, but a backpack blower with significantly more power sounds like it might speed up the clearup considerably.

i bought the 86 because of the power, weight, av's... never heard of the leaf shredding.... but don't go for a smaller one thinking it will do the same job as the 86, you WILL be dissapointed. a new 86 is only 221 inc vat!!

And used on every job = PEANUTS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Bg56 and its a dead onwee blower but mainly for dry weather/not on the grass. If any handheld was to be got, would go with the 86 its plenty of power for its size. Though no one can deny that the backpack is a hell of a lot faster and powerful especially on car parks/ grass.

No need for a rake :)

Hi

None of the BG machines come with the mulching blade, that only come as standard on the SH machine.

The only difference is the air speed and the noise level between the 66 and 86

Hope this helps

We have just done some extra discount on the BG86 so the is only about £3 difference now.:thumbup:

Vacs & leaf blowers | F R Jones and Son

No just the round one and flattish one but never used it to be honest. Is it better for leaves ect

I find it is, it blows at the leaves and in the direction you want them rather than just at the floor, in which case moving debris is just a minor side affect....:thumbup1: