logsplitter of mini digger

Matthew Storrs

I know some of you on here run splitters of mini diggers cos iv seen the threads but how do you operate them, obviously you would plug the hydraulics into the auxilliary on the digger, but it would only work if the pedal in the cab was pressed down wouldn't it? Don't know if this makes sense...

yeah.. wedge bit wood on it or brick... or plumb it off crowd ram and put bungee strap on joystick....

aah i see, its like that! If i hold down the aux pedal in the digger it makes the hydraulic pump creak/strain when the implement ram isnt in stroke, so unless i keep the logsplitter ram travelling all the time wont the digger hydraulic pump be strained all the time? Again, don't think this makes sense:blushing:

i there not a lever under floor pan you move round... i no on our 1.5 ton kubota you have it in one position for usin breaker and diff one for usin our timber grab.... something to do with oil flow...

aah i see, its like that! If i hold down the aux pedal in the digger it makes the hydraulic pump creak/strain when the implement ram isnt in stroke, so unless i keep the logsplitter ram travelling all the time wont the digger hydraulic pump be strained all the time? Again, don't think this makes sense:blushing:

on your log splitter there should be a valve block? if so then it will circulate the oil when the rams not moving

never seen one on my takeuchi, its just a two way pedal forward and reverse if ur using an auger with it. whilst you mention it is the timber grab on your 1.5t kubota a rotator?

no.. but my cousin has one on his.. he's piped rotator off the crowd ram as its not used with grab on it...

i think that leaver is for exactly that... auger left or right... a breaker needs a constant flow to work it.... i no when i put my grab on for first time it would open one way but not other... turnt that lever and worked fine..