Arrowsmith dehumidifier kilns - availability?

Tom at Heartwood

Some years ago I was looking at dehumidifier kilns and Arrowsmith offered a range suitable for small-scale timber drying.

Now that I'm looking again I can't seem to find a web presence or contact details and wonder if they are still trading under that name.

Does anyone know or have suggestions for alternative suppliers for the equipment required to convert shipping or refrigerated containers please?

Cheers,

Tom.

Hi Tom

I was looking into this a few years ago as well. The company folded a few years ago after the the inventor died.

I went with the sauno kiln system a couple of years ago instead.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that. Which model of Sauno did you go for and what size container have you fitted it to?

Cheers,

Tom.

Hi Tom

I went for the smaller vt3 model as it is sited in my workshop. The internal measurements were calculated to that we dry 8 1/2" long planks (you need 6 inches or so for the mechanism) and its about 3' wide by about 4' high. I worked out the total overall cubage that the smaller mechanism would work with and then calculated it up. There is a plan for it on the classic hand tools site.

I did build it out of the insulating foam but as my mate worked in a fibre glass factory I clad it all over in fibreglass mainly to protect it from getting knocks.

If I was doing it again I would change the front door design.

It works quite well and sure beats waiting 2 or three years for timber to dry.

If you want to see some photos I can post some up next week.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike

I am pleased you get on well with the sauno kiln

I just can't get on with mine

How good is the door seal on yours,Logosol say that its the most important bit,and how did you seal yours

Logosol are really good and have even offered me my money back but I would rather have the kiln working

I think that mine is running out of water after just a couple of days and that means the wood is sitting in a fairly dry atmosphere at 70 degrees centigrade

Any advice would be a real help

cheer

steve