Mans best friend

welwell

Your spot on mate, I nearly took another on last year after warning someone not to get this ESS pup. They went ahead, got it and gave up after 4 weeks when it chewed her shoes. I even offered to train with her if she would keep it on.

She gave up and gave it to some other plonker without a clue

Got offered one last summer , it was shut in a garden 24/7, owner couldn`t work out why when he did take it for a walk he let it off and it ran and ran and ran took him 5 hours to find it and get it back!!!!

this poor dog was running full chat round thier garden basically in distress if it couldn`t find it`s ball!

my friend took it on but hasn`t had much luck in trying to get it back, it chased and killed a dear on her farm!!!!!

She has 5 springers all working and knows what shes doing but to late for this one i think!

I hate dogs myself, one bit me the other day, if the owner hadnt been there I would have booted it all around the garden.

The amount of people who say they hate dogs and that they get bitten, thats why the dog bit you, they can sense it, i will go and say hello to any dog, not been bitten yet... i love dogs, would have more than i do if the wife would let me :001_smile:

I think that people who buy dogs as status symbols should have them taken off them... people who mistreat animals should be banned from owning any more for life and people who harm animale should be given a criminal record, when i helped out at a local animal sanctuary the people who harmed Helpless, Defenseless animals are usuallly people who liked to think they are hard when actually they are are usually weak....

There is a great saying, Never trust anyone that doesnt like Dogs...

Thinking about getting a dog. Never had one before so just a few q's about the pros and cons. Are they the great tie that everyone I speak to says they are? Are they the best companion that people say they are? Do we have the best job to have a dog. I'm guessing there are a lot of tree surgeon dogs that are happy to spend the day in the truck or on a long lead on a stake in the middle of mrs Miggins gardens. How do the clients react when asked if Rover can have a run in the garden etc. Generally....Dog ownership....Good or Bad????????

Thanks y'all

Dogs are a commitment, but they will reward you so many times over, they are loyal, amusing, offer companionship and if trained properly are fantastic..

Do get one but like has been said only if you can guarantee giving it the attention & walks it will need. :001_smile:

I must say that I prefer them to some humans though, therir loyalty is endearing but is based on selfishness nothing more. Dogs are not human and should not be treated as such.

No I would trust the loyalty of my dogs any day, but although I hold no prejudgements of other humans, their reaction to my dogs tells me a lot about them.

A dogs loyalty, respect and love of the pack leader (whether that is you or the wife :001_smile:) it totally unconditional. Dogs do not do “… I love you but……”

I do agree with you. The point I was making was that many truly believe that a dog 'loves' them when in fact it cannot feel such an emotion and really just sees you as a provider for their needs. .

I would disagree there having had three dogs and just about to collect the fourth from a local dogs home, you reap what you sow.

The quality of the relationship you have with your dog is down to the commitment you give it, if you choose to stand back and not get too attached or emotional then the dogs reaction to you will reflect that.

No disrespect to yours because it sounds like you have the relationship you want from your pack and that requires there respect of your place in the home and theirs outside.

However, this is not a situation I would be comfortable with, and more to the point I value the almost limitless unconditional emotion (however you label it) that I receive from my dogs. They hold no grudges……..

A friend of my dad's told me this story, some of his relatives have a lab and a couple of kids, the dog was fine with kids but one day they heard a scream from the lounge and ran in to find the dog ahd one of the kids by the arm. The dog was just holding the arm and had'nt done any damage, they could'nt understand why it had happened until they discovered a wax crayon sticking out of the dogs arse.:ohmy:

I like that one…….:congrats::laugh1:

It takes two to tango…… and I think it is humans that need to learn about relationships with dogs.

Interestingly it has been demonstrated that children that grow up with dogs and are therefore exposed to the bugs, that were mentioned so scornfully earlier it this thread, are more healthy that those who life in a sterile human only household.

i wouldnt change my dog for the world, most entertaining thing i own!! never fails to bring a smile to my face whether it be catching pheasants flying under 6ft when ur beating on a posh shoot or when shes catching fish in the moat of the castle i was working at.

if all my friends were as loyal as me dog i'd be happy!