A Tomb..

TrollSpiel

I've been asked by a customer to build a tomb / urn thing for cat ashes.

Strangest carpentry request to date, and really I have no ideas, so I'm looking for some.

Personally, ashes and wind come to mind, since the little blighter attacked me twice cos my boots sqeaked on their floor... but, a valued customer ( Kensington Banker ) so I guess I must...

Anyone got anything nice 'turned' that they wouldn't mind a cat living in? Or ideas for what I could do? the current thing is a 3x3x6.5" box.

Clasped top requested, god forbid... :D

Simon, Nice joinery, but something like that would send his wife into a fit - if the kettle takes too long to boil it's a crisis and she has to take some Xanax - that tomb like thing would only remind her that the cat is actually gone.

The resason I posted really is because I'm on the hunt for something artful, sensitive and at present I cant think past a 'final' looking box. And they've spent 3.5mill renovating the interior, this item is going to take pride of place!!

Simon, Nice joinery, but something like that would send his wife into a fit - if the kettle takes too long to boil it's a crisis and she has to take some Xanax - that tomb like thing would only remind her that the cat is actually gone.

The resason I posted really is because I'm on the hunt for something artful, sensitive and at present I cant think past a 'final' looking box. And they've spent 3.5mill renovating the interior, this item is going to take pride of place!!

Hmm,point taken. This is to be kept inside then, and not a garden piece.

What about a sculpture of the cat playing with a ball of wool, with the wool ball housing the ashes.

Other than your squeaky boots was there anything that was closely associated with their cat, that could be a clue to a new direction.

I like agg221's idea of the diamond, that would cost a few grand!

A really abstract thought. For people, you can get the ashes made into a diamond. Thinking of your yew table with embedded nugget, how about a simple abstract form with embedded cat diamond near the top?

Alec

I'll suggest that. they spent 25 grand on a lampshade, so Pus turned into the eternal might appeal.