For crying out loud it's Sunday

Dean Lofthouse

Would you dare to phone someone on a Sunday morning at 8.15 am to ask for a quote for some shrubs and trees trimming.

I honestly can't believe that some people are so thick, (is my stress rearing it's ugly head again).

There was no, "I,m sorry for bothering you on a Sunday" comment. This lady just thought it was the norm.

I just subtley said, "Hang on a second, I'll just have to get out of bed to get my diary" and added a silent "Bitch" on the end :001_smile:

Some people??

This is what makes the job hard work is not getting time to yourself and people invading your "off" or quiet time. It also happen when I was running my tool retail and repair business.

Some people are just down right inconsiderate

Probably worth getting a second phone line - give the new number to friends and family, put an answerphone on the current line and ignore it or switch the ringer off at weekends.

I reckon this is the best idea. Annoying that you have to go to that sort of trouble to avoid stupid people though...Guess that's the world we live in

About two hours ago, while taking my daughter to the park to have a go on the swings before it got dark, i bumped into a customer who has been threatening me with other quotes, this is after accepting mine and me getting permission to take down 3 tpo'd larch for her.

She presented me with "oh, im glad i caught you, you can forget about the conversation we had the other day about the other quote, we would like you to go ahead anyway. I thought between christmas and new year would be good while i'm on holiday"!

So i replied "Oh, no problem, i'll just take two days off from my holiday to come and do it for you, i'm sure my 3 year old daughter wont mind"!:sneaky2:

Need i say, i have not had a customer relation type sunday either:mad1: