tyres for transit

tree monkey

I have off road tyres on my 190 they make a lot of noise and are made redundant by lack of locking diff and abs on the down hill but work well on grass areas will find out who makes them tomorrow if you want. If you go down the winch option I have a mount plate you can have as removed mine as part of a weight saving project and found it easier to be towed when stuck. Hopes this helps.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found some...

I went in to Redpaths today and asked about snow / mud tyres for transits, they showed me some, good tread depth and will be way better than my current set in the snow. You can stick 4x4 tyres on a transit but they will fail an mot, these are rated for commercials...

MPC : Newlife Tyres Online, new life to your tyres

Our local tyre fitters runs Kumho KL71's on the back of their Transit duelly tail lift truck, don't know if they swap them over for the MOT but they've run them for a while....

He's made it across some pretty slick stubbles to repair punctures on the combine in the recent soggy seasons we've had....

Found some...

I went in to Redpaths today and asked about snow / mud tyres for transits, they showed me some, good tread depth and will be way better than my current set in the snow. You can stick 4x4 tyres on a transit but they will fail an mot, these are rated for commercials...

MPC : Newlife Tyres Online, new life to your tyres

The MPC's look good Tom, and they have them in my size, 185 75 R16.

£72 each. £432 all round.

I'd be interested to know how they wear.

Tyre AUTO ROADSTONE RADIAL-AT NEO - 205/0 R16 110 S 8-PR: sale of tyres AUTO ROADSTONE on Pneus Online

i use these through the winter, 8 ply rating so fine for commercials, the wear rate is quicker than hankooks commerial tyre but not by much!!

my vito went everywhere in the snow last year, def worth the money!

shop around thou, i paid about £60 per tyre inc vat

Edited by robbo 110

The MPC's look good Tom, and they have them in my size, 185 75 R16.

£72 each. £432 all round.

I'd be interested to know how they wear.

They will probably wear faster than a road tyre, but they have a lot of tread to wear.... They look good. I'm only going to get 4, no need to change the fronts.

They will probably wear faster than a road tyre, but they have a lot of tread to wear.... They look good. I'm only going to get 4, no need to change the fronts.

That's true. The fronts wear quicker on mine, so I could keep the old rears to replace the fronts twice. Genius!

Last two winters I've been snowboarding down here!

They were exceptional though, usually just get a dusting.

Wet grass and gateways with a thin layer of mud where you just end up wheelspinning on top are why I'd get them.

I think any serious mud in a Transit and you going to get stuck whatever boots you have on.

The roads can get very icy down here as well, because KCC are not geared up for gritting much.

I normally pay about £60/tyre for Hankooks, so and extra £50 sounds worth a go to me.