Are Lavoro Boots any good?

robbutler

Wrote something on this thread ages ago! I still have my second pair Laveros that were replaced by Lavero after 1st pair had soles that fell apart. 2nd pair were ok,soles did not fall apart, and must say they were the most comfortable boots I've ever worn.

Guest Robin@Arbortec
Could some one help me?

When they say "Lavoro Sherwoods are approved to EN345 Class 3 standards for chainsaw boots", that means they are better than class1 and class2 Rigth?

It means 28m/s? (this means 28 meters of material gets stuck in the chainsaw in a second?)

This is why I don't understand one thing.

Why the orange boots of Husqvarna "functional 28 classe 3"... are much cheaper than their other boots? (Stihl has a similar boots and are cheaper too...but they are class1)

Because they have:

Protective steel toecap

Saw protection class 3

So, what's the reason? Are they heavy? uncomfortable? Too hot?

protective_boots_f28_h430-0081.jpg

Chainsaw protection class is just one feature of a chainsaw boot. A higher Class means the boot is 'better' purely in terms of chainsaw protection. An important point, but not the only one.

Several companies do inexpensive boots with a class 3 rating because some buyers only want to focus on the chainsaw protection rating - for a wide variety of reasons - and so they don't worry about the other features.

Generally though, if you intend to be a working arborist, wearing the boots most days, get the best boots you can as you'll be spending an awful lot of time in them. Six months in boots that are uncomfortable or too hot are going to be awfully long months, even if they have the chainsaw protection class you need.

Thanks everyone,

Initially I was looking for Lavoro boots... but when I started adding the money (boots+ trousers+ gloves+ jacket+ helmet) I realize that all together it might be more expensive than the chainsaw.

Since I'm only going to do ground work... and I'm not a professional, I'm only be going to use the equipment at some weekends, I started looking at Husqvarna "functional 28 classe 3... so I'm undecided yet

I'm still confused if jackets have design A versus C

I understand that trousers with design C have protection all around the leg. But what about the jackets, do the ones with total front and shoulders protection are called as design C? And the ones without belly protection design A, or is it the other way around?

Thanks a lot

I really wouldn't bother with a jacket, they are hit and uncomfortable and if you know what you are doing with a saw you will not be in a position to cut your arms, chest or belly.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I’ve had the best part of (at a guess) 15 or so pairs of Lavaros (they used to be called Aqua Fells)
They take very little breaking in, the soles are incredibly grippy and the Sympatex lining incredibly water resistant .
The bulk in the tongues takes some bedding in to get the laces snug but overall a cracking pair of flexible very grippy boots .

I am just about to try a different brand as I fancy a change but I bet I regret it (again) .
Great boot. Once you get up to speed though you’ll struggle to get more than a year from them .

• 2 years later...
On 11/01/2021 at 20:55, Treerover said:

I’ve had the best part of (at a guess) 15 or so pairs of Lavaros (they used to be called Aqua Fells)
They take very little breaking in, the soles are incredibly grippy and the Sympatex lining incredibly water resistant .
The bulk in the tongues takes some bedding in to get the laces snug but overall a cracking pair of flexible very grippy boots .

I am just about to try a different brand as I fancy a change but I bet I regret it (again) .
Great boot. Once you get up to speed though you’ll struggle to get more than a year from them .

Aqua Fell, thank you, I’ve been looking for these for ages, I used to wear them, they are the best boots I wore for climbing, grounding and dog walking, so comfy, I’ve just ordered a pair for £135. I don’t really like the newer (now old) style of boot, chunky and heavy, so I’m ditching my Scafell lites for these!!

Thanks again Treerover 👍

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/04/2023 at 18:37, Al Duffill said:

Aqua Fell, thank you, I’ve been looking for these for ages, I used to wear them, they are the best boots I wore for climbing, grounding and dog walking, so comfy, I’ve just ordered a pair for £135. I don’t really like the newer (now old) style of boot, chunky and heavy, so I’m ditching my Scafell lites for these!!

Thanks again Treerover 👍

My pleasure my friend.
I genuinely think if more folk ditched the Vibram soled boots and tried alternative soles they’d wonder what on Earth they were thinking of , especially for climbing