A Bit of Mathmatical help

Jimbob87

Can any one just double check my workings out got a traiangular lump of land to plant with trees at 2m apart the triangle meashures 80m down both sides and 40m across bottom. Iv worked it to aprox 400 trees followed some online help just wondered if some one could double check it for me. Never been great with numbers lol

Thanks in advance

I hope this is right...

The total distance of your perimiter is 200 mtrs (80+80+40).

If you plant one tree every 2 mtrs you divide the 200 by 2 to get 100 trees.

I guess you multiplied the 200 mtrs by 2 to arrive at 400.

Don't beat yourself up about poor maths were all dodgy at some things, at least you asked!

Good luck

Shane

The rectangle is not 80x40. Its 60x40.

If he divides his triangle in two from top to bottom to get 2 right angled triangles each he will get half of 10x30 in each triangle.

150+150=300 imo.

The area of his triangle is 1600 m2 80x20. Or maybe not as I've just realised I may have made a mistake

Cheers guys worked out plenty of areas before never had a prob but triangle new to me lol My maths is somthing that when i left school was v poor but now through having to do it in real life situations is improving all the time alot to be said for learning on the job i find it easier than when i was learning out of a book:thumbup:

If it was an equilateral triangle of 80m both diagonal sides and a flat bottom of 40m you would decide that into 2 to get 2 right angle triangles of 80x20 at the square, this would be 40x10 trees in one rectangle, split it in half two get two right angle triangles equals 200 trees but you've still got the other half of the original equilateral therefore its 400:thumbup:

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII