Little coppicing saw recommendation

Bealers

Hi,

I've got loads of (well) overstood Hazel that I want to bring into rotation over the next few years.

Whilst my Husky 346XP is excellent I'm thinking that I want something lighter and more manoeuvrable for the coppicing work.

I already have 2 Huskys so I'm naturally leaning that way but would consider Stihl.

I've not a lot of money to spend so will definitely be going 2nd hand and for cheapness I've been considering the more diy/domestic end of the market, say 35cc.

What would you guys suggest?

if your after lightness I have recently got a Echo CS270wes, its really really light and whilst the chain speed is a fair bit slower than a 346xp its good for brash, rhodie and small felling. I picked mine up new for £180 you see them on ebay with little use for about £120. My only critisim is that it would be better with a smaller bar as I feel is 12" is a bit on the long side, it would handle better with a smaller bar and be easier for coppicing and fine pruning work. Oh and its 27cc:thumbup:

313764_10150413800505944_684200943_10557628_486932019_n.jpg.35f508e6aec649be82f5a68cee2a8d12.jpg

if your after lightness I have recently got a Echo CS270wes, its really really light and whilst the chain speed is a fair bit slower than a 346xp its good for brash, rhodie and small felling. I picked mine up new for £180 you see them on ebay with little use for about £120. My only critisim is that it would be better with a smaller bar as I feel is 12" is a bit on the long side, it would handle better with a smaller bar and be easier for coppicing and fine pruning work. Oh and its 27cc:thumbup:

I run this saw,the top handle version too,they are silly light,but a reliable tool,mine have done a couple of years hard work with only one brake band as a spare,not anyway near as fast as say a stihl ms200,(a VERY good saw if you can find one),but for sub 4 inch diameter stuff it will do you well.:001_smile: