Hidden costs???

The Tree Hunter

There's so much to learn and only experience can truly guide you. One thing I would say is dont work too cheap, its very tempting when you first start out.

As far as Pikeys are concerned I think most of the people who we call pikeys are actually just dodgy workers and cowboys who live in houses like the rest of us.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing i did was to make sure i had some where to get rid of my wood chip, logs and crap. that is if i carnt sell them. there is nothing worse than having a tipper full of wood chip and having a job on the next day and having no where to tip it.

Every time they leave a site in the cleanup costs you and every time they dump brash in a lay-by it costs you.

It’s your tax money hard at work.

I dont tend to comment much on this forum though i do read it quite a lot and ive got to say it seems to me that some of the comments about so called pikeys are doing no good whatsoever to your trade nor least of all to the people that are making them.

As i once stated in a past thread there seems to be a number of people in this trade that put themselves up there on a pedestal having a go at other peoples work and lifestyles when perhaps they should stand back and take a look at themselves. Ive seen some of the pictures of work on this forum and to be perfectly honest id be ashamed to put my name to it

With regards to the above quote you only need to look in any town centre to see litter thrown around thats also absorbing taxpayers money to clean up and im sure pikeys are not responsible for all of it.

As regards people working on the cheapthen wisen up cos this happens in other trades too and there are certain people in life that will always go for a cheaper job doing, perhaps some of them just cannot afford the rates some of you guys are charging?

hidden costs of business stat up.

accountants fees

bank charges ( business accounts)

national insurance for self employed

breakdowns and maintainance

general wear and tear.

right hand gloves.

commercial insurance for vehicles.

stamps and invoice books and paper and printer ink

advertising and more advertising

lots of files and combi spanners

rake handles

rake heads

waste disposal fees

waste license

hidden costs of business stat up.

accountants fees

bank charges ( business accounts)

national insurance for self employed

breakdowns and maintainance

general wear and tear.

right hand gloves.

commercial insurance for vehicles.

stamps and invoice books and paper and printer ink

advertising and more advertising

lots of files and combi spanners

rake handles

rake heads

Taxes, personal & on profit

Fuel-one of our biggest operating costs

telephone bills

Not really a hidden cost but to prevent one never ever ever listen to any of those idiots who phone you up saying "Do you want to advertise on our calander, wall planner,we send booklets out to schools, we send booklets out to the planning office, we send booklets out to estate agents etc etc blag blag blag."

All garbage.

Is this really a good time to be setting up a new business? I get the feeling there's a storm coming(not the 87 variety). If your really looking, the only hidden costs are the ones that aren't financial. Best of luck either way man.

>You're prob right, but i guess there'll always be reasons not to do it, if you dont try you'll never know!!!!