Rope Wrench feedback

Hi,

I'll try to answer the questions i've read.

Mark, its about the same in speed wise as DRT except for a couple of things ascending the tree in now don't even break into a sweet. Working the crown there is no worry about lines gaining too much friction as the line is static. My back feels better by a long way as ascending I'm pretty much upright with no curving of the lumber unlike when i foot lock.

It does also allow me to switch it to DRT as you could see at the end of the vid.

For me I think I'm going to be staying with the RW system as i even use it in small trees just like i would with my DRT SJ system.

Oldmilltrees, I'll try to get some footage of a limb walk without using the RAD return and with for you. I need to setup my extension boom on my hat as the RW seemed to spend a lot of the time out of shot. I'll see if i can 'rope' someone into filming me when i got to the Arbtalk reccy climb in 2 weeks near me.

Personally i used this film as i thought it was a more honest day to day video of the use rather than the more exciting (for me) jobs i put up. Just thought it would be fairer if people could see it on a very simple non taxing tree.

Cheers

Ian

Right, I've just crown lifted an Aesculus, 45-50ft tall consisting of lots of stems and branches, quite a typical job.

Anyway, I had to use 5 separate anchor points, therefore lots of going up and down to reposition! Yes, I'm still on DRT and can now see that SRT in this scenario would have been so much better and less strenuous.

Thank god for my Pulleysaver but I found the whole job very annoying, now that I've decided to change systems.

I've got to retire my lockjack, I'm going to get a RW bit I don't know whether to get another LJ or an SJ instead to use with the RW.

I'd appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

The Lj makes for a neater package as you dont need a HC and can tie the RW directly into the LJ. Its my next buy, I already have a SJ that doesnt get used! Love the unicender!!:thumbup: