Rope Wrench feedback

So im going to try this knot out tomorrow it was invented by Sam Cooper and is called the Super Cooper i think. looks like there should be no binding problems and there is a video of it on drt on youtube somewhere.

Picture is taken by Aaron Johns

Interested in the feedback.

Looks like a VT I once tied after 3 bottles of red wine.

some srt pics of the ring anchor.

you work on the non alpine bfly side. the ring cinchs up snug against the limb and the bfly traps it. to retrieve it just pull the bfly side down and the ring follows>hence the throwline from bfly to ring. the crab is just a backup. i use a pinto if i think a few redirects will be in place when i descend out. the 2nd pic is that.. hope that helps ewan..

5976615ed0c2e_2012-08-0916_13_35.jpg.1ca1b135c83051e22a8ec814a1ff372b.jpg

5976615ecc73c_2012-08-0913_45_15.jpg.2165b7d6ae5052dd786c059a55828fc8.jpg

Nice Drew, cheers for the tip. Im guessing when you set it from the ground you put the ring on the line, pull it up, decide where you want your alpine butterfly and then pull it down, putting the throwline through the ring first. Do you reckon it would be worth trying this with a maillon for putting your anchor point higher in the tree once you make your way up. Otherwise it seems like a PITA to move you anchor point unless im missing something. Guess you could just redirect higher?

I normally get the anchor I'm going to use but I'll just use a sling and biner and make steno higher one if needed. I don't actually worry about retrievability of gear anymore as set is so easy to go back to stuff. I've got the bfly tied halfway on my rope with ring and crab already set up. I'll attach my rope to throw line, pull it through Te crotch and down, then through the ring and pinto and it's set, just cinch up tight. Or dbrt up and then set a perfect

Anchor. Options options options....

I normally get the anchor I'm going to use but I'll just use a sling and biner and make steno higher one if needed. I don't actually worry about retrievability of gear anymore as set is so easy to go back to stuff. I've got the bfly tied halfway on my rope with ring and crab already set up. I'll attach my rope to throw line, pull it through Te crotch and down, then through the ring and pinto and it's set, just cinch up tight. Or dbrt up and then set a perfect

Anchor. Options options options....

Drew, if I left a butterfly in the middle of my rope I would have a 40m tail. One do the benefits of SRT is you can adjust the tail length.

Nice Drew, cheers for the tip. Im guessing when you set it from the ground you put the ring on the line, pull it up, decide where you want your alpine butterfly and then pull it down, putting the throwline through the ring first. Do you reckon it would be worth trying this with a maillon for putting your anchor point higher in the tree once you make your way up. Otherwise it seems like a PITA to move you anchor point unless im missing something. Guess you could just redirect higher?

I use a 10mm oval Maillon instead as it avoids threading a long rope through the ring.

I put pictures on a few pages back.

Drew, if I left a butterfly in the middle of my rope I would have a 40m tail. One do the benefits of SRT is you can adjust the tail length.

Totally agree but that was just the simplest way of explaining the setup.ite ez enough to thread th throw line through the ring and pulley whilst installing so you just have the right length you need.