Rope Wrench feedback

Yep tried both types aswell still not ideal when SRT-ing but the Treufelberger variety is alot better but I don't understand using an srt system to save energy then losing some of it it the bounce of the line?

Yeah I know what you mean, that truffle burger (ha gotta love predictive text) stuff is scarily static I actually find it uncomfortable to use, it's also pricey and not something I,d like to use day in day out as a work line.

You every tried sterling htp also know as snakebite, it's cheaper and has just a tiny amount of stretch, not sure I,d be happy using rope of that construction still for srt work on a hitch especially on fast descents.

Yeah I know what you mean, that truffle burger (ha gotta love predictive text) stuff is scarily static I actually find it uncomfortable to use, it's also pricey and not something I,d like to use day in day out as a work line.

You every tried sterling htp also know as snakebite, it's cheaper and has just a tiny amount of stretch, not sure I,d be happy using rope of that construction still for srt work on a hitch especially on fast descents.

I used the snakebite and almost pulled a Cary Gibson on it if it wasnt for my immence balancing skills on my hand ascender and footloop :thumbup1:

Snakebite is only 10mm and the cover is really tough and smooth it doesn't grip that well. I'm fine using it on my tachyon, but for a srt system i would prefer a static line, but I will stick with the system I use at work for ascent then change to a Ddrt system in order to work unless I feel the wrench will be more useful and time saving

, but I will stick with the system I use at work for ascent then change to a Ddrt system in order to work unless I feel the wrench will be more useful and time saving

Yeah pretty much what I do anyway, not even sure why I got involved as I do not use a RW as i,m still in the dark ages, just feels to me a bad idea to use static lines with a friction hitch and rope wrench but I could be wrong.

Yeah pretty much what I do anyway, not even sure why I got involved as I do not use a RW as i,m still in the dark ages, just feels to me a bad idea to use static lines with a friction hitch and rope wrench but I could be wrong.

I think its a bad idea using toothed ascenders on Climbing line but it happens :001_smile:

I think its a bad idea using toothed ascenders on Climbing line but it happens :001_smile:

What's the problem with toothed ascenders on climbing lines? They don't cut the line if you fall on them so they save you, they don't slip when you ascend on them, they work well on wet and muddy lines. Yeah, they pick the sheath if you don't fully release when removing them but that's it. Whereas cammed ascenders can actually cut the line in a fall and drop you to the ground. And any line that has had a significant fall on it should be scrapped anyway. Not sure what the prob is. Apart from the inconvenience of having to completely remove the ascender to rapp down in case it catches.

What's the problem with toothed ascenders on climbing lines? They don't cut the line if you fall on them so they save you, they don't slip when you ascend on them, they work well on wet and muddy lines. Yeah, they pick the sheath if you don't fully release when removing them but that's it. Whereas cammed ascenders can actually cut the line in a fall and drop you to the ground. And any line that has had a significant fall on it should be scrapped anyway. Not sure what the prob is. Apart from the inconvenience of having to completely remove the ascender to rapp down in case it catches.

I don,t see a problem if you fully understand what will happen, a toothed ascendor on static lines will strip the outer in a fall and is designed to do this at around 4kn I think, but what would happen on arb lines? I,ve heard some toothed ascendors will blow out if they go to far above 4kn without stripping the outer. Cammed ascendors will/can cut the line.

But what about a fall onto a single dyneema line with a cord like a.p? I think it would be uncomfortable and probably both parts will need retiring.

For me it's about knowing the consequences of how kit will interact with each other, it's well known we use kit in a way that it is not intended, doesn't make it wrong it's just an unknown factor.

Are you using you R W on all trees or just on larger stuff? I find I'm only using mine when it calls for a decent accent (say over 10m). Apart from that I'm just using ddrt because on the ease of changing anchor points. I'm finding it's taking considerable time to change anchor using srt, but maybe that's because my static line is too long.

Matt

I use SRT on nearly everything. If I can't throw line into it I'll DRT to my anchor point then change over.

I do occasionally use DRT on small trees if I can't be bothered to change over. However , that means I have 90-115ft of tail instead of a tree height tail if I changed to SRT.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hcyf0l