Is the recession hitting you hard?

Daniël Bos

start of rant:

Well, is it?:001_huh:

Or is it that the days are getting shorter?

Or have you got issues with the Mrs?

It has to be something major I reckon, as the amount of bitching that's going on on here at the moment is unreal!:thumbdown:

It's like in the past two weeks or so some people have had their dummies nicked so they're whining and winging like babies.:thumbdown:

It's starting to get me down, why the hate? It used to be a friendly, matey, pubbie, campfire-ie type of atmosphere, can we have that back please:thumbup1:

rant over, thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

start of rant:

Well, is it?:001_huh:

Or is it that the days are getting shorter?

Or have you got issues with the Mrs?

It has to be something major I reckon, as the amount of bitching that's going on on here at the moment is unreal!:thumbdown:

It's like in the past two weeks or so some people have had their dummies nicked so they're whining and winging like babies.:thumbdown:

It's starting to get me down, why the hate? It used to be a friendly, matey, pubbie, campfire-ie type of atmosphere, can we have that back please:thumbup1:

rant over, thanks

Prob your firm short of work so everyones tense

Let it ride over you unless you want to get stuck in of course

Prob your firm short of work so everyones tense

Let it ride over you unless you want to get stuck in of course

You seem to have missed the point:001_huh:

I'm doing well, never had it this good, I've got work booked solid till the end of march and a few weeks in late spring/early summer confirmed already as well:thumbup1:

I was asking a rethorical question to get other peoples' opinions on wether or not there seems to be an air of bitchiness over the forum of late and it's possible causes:001_cool:

Maybe it's all the news about overpaid under worked public sector employees going on strike because they feel hard done by....?

That's one of the things yanking my chain at the moment...

And the swampy 'occupy movement'... get off your backsides and get a job.

And that woman on the one show the other week who has to have a food parcel.... because otherwise she can't afford to feed her 3 illegitemate children, boxer dog, budgie AND pay the Sky+ bill and keep the kids in X Box games....

And... so many other things... but mostly just anyone who feels they deserve more than they work towards....

What was the question again.....?

Simon

You seem to have missed the point:001_huh:

I'm doing well, never had it this good, I've got work booked solid till the end of march and a few weeks in late spring/early summer confirmed already as well:thumbup1:

I was asking a rethorical question to get other peoples' opinions on wether or not there seems to be an air of bitchiness over the forum of late and it's possible causes:001_cool:

Yes there is that air you mention..its come early this year..i normally expect it jan/feb then again in jun/jul. Its getting pretty boring and myself and the mods are now starting to clamp down hard on this. Some choose to call it censorship....the majority appreciate it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with keeping the forum on track and continuing to provide a growing business resource thats in the best interest of its members. The former whiners who i mentioned wont be around much longer :thumbup1:

It's not just here... I have used a couple of other forums in the past which I stopped using in the end, they seemed to get cliquey and users would snipe at others' posts for seemingly no good reason. I often wondered whether these people were miserable nasty gits in real life or just vented it on the internet....

Simon

Bit of both Simon. If booting a few of these members who are persistently 'sniping' stops valuable users like yourself leaving because of it, then I think its fair play.

Wow... like that....! [bow to the floor....]

I lurked for a while just reading the boards [it comes up in google A LOT!] and on the whole it does seem to be a very strong resource, hence I joined up.

But the unavoidable fact is that anything out in the internet is going to suffer from either:

Visitors who feel that sitting at a keyboard typing out a conversation gives them an excuse to chip in with comments they might normally not make, or idly misinterpreting others' posts for the sake of it.

Or:

Users who maybe lack the typing skills or patience to adequately get a point across without it being misinterpreted and threads descending into a bitch fight...

Of course some folks just aren't nice....!