who wants a volunteer

div_h

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

new to this game but am very keen. I've got my cs30/31 booked in the next few weeks and was just wondering if any wants a volunteer to help out. Just after a bit of experience and a chat/advice really. I'm 24, fit, hardworking and based in cheshire but willing to travel. (to an extent!)

Cheers, Dan

Still nothing, Going to get my tickets and keep trying :)

Post number 8 in this thread offers work and money.

I put Paisley and Glasgow into google maps and it comes out at 12.8 miles and 17 minutes.

Just don't see how you can be saying 'still nothing' even if you don't drive a car yourself.

My tone is not aggressive here it is friendly as I don't know the full picture, just curious:001_smile:

Hi there,

new to this game but am very keen. I've got my cs30/31 booked in the next few weeks and was just wondering if any wants a volunteer to help out. Just after a bit of experience and a chat/advice really. I'm 24, fit, hardworking and based in cheshire but willing to travel. (to an extent!)

Cheers, Dan

Hi there it's hard when your first starting out but if you keep at it will all work out in the end . after next week it will be easier for you to get your foot in as most places want you to have those tickets before your foot steps over the threshold that goes for volunteer work as well if you want to use the saws with them

. If you can get your own saw you can start doing jobs for friends and family it will help you know end as it's time on the tools that help you become a better operator so it will help you for when you go to work for someone . I did this to start with and it just snowballed from there .

The only downside is there is so many new people at it and wanting a start .

Later on down the line when you have gained some time on the tools you might want to look at gaining other tickets that will help you become more valauable

For me I went down the rope access IRATA , PTS and climbing route so I have several things I can do at any point and can work for a variety of companies .

The rope access companies like people with saw tickets to do the devegging in turn they train you for fryouth di all the geo work doing drilling meshing and grouting so giving you yet another skill giving you more work . Over time you can then decide which skills paired with others can make you the most paper .

I hope this helps and it all looks up for you soon

All the best little tree:thumbup:

Post number 8 in this thread offers work and money.

I put Paisley and Glasgow into google maps and it comes out at 12.8 miles and 17 minutes.

Just don't see how you can be saying 'still nothing' even if you don't drive a car yourself.

My tone is not aggressive here it is friendly as I don't know the full picture, just curious:001_smile:

Lol I still work full time and couldn't make it that week

Thanks for the advice! Will start volunteering/trying to get some pennies as a groundworker as soon as i get my quals ......but i was just hoping to get some experience working with a company before hand as well, even if its just tidying up etc.

also is there anywhere to get a bit of pre cs30/31 knowledge that may be helpful with the course and assessment?

Lol I still work full time and couldn't make it that week

Fair enough mate.

At least my asking and your answering will also clear that one up for anyone else who wondered the same thing. So all is kept nice and positive in your thread:thumbup1:

Thanks for the advice! Will start volunteering/trying to get some pennies as a groundworker as soon as i get my quals ......but i was just hoping to get some experience working with a company before hand as well, even if its just tidying up etc.

also is there anywhere to get a bit of pre cs30/31 knowledge that may be helpful with the course and assessment?

You could try volunteering for Wildlife Trust projects that have a chainsaw element to them. Although you wouldn't be allowed to use a saw yourself, the people who do the cutting are qualified so you should pick some tips up from them. :001_smile: