£160 for 10m3 Bulk Logs available

Chalgravesteve

i dont dare mention softwood to any of my customers...if i did they'd think i mixed it in with hardwood and go else where.... learnt by my mistakes in past..

we have a guy coming round this week to look at options of putting a wood burner/boiler in one of the sheds to heat the 5 houses in our courtyard area... costs over £8000 a year in oil to heat them..

but even he says the burners run better on hardwood, but i guess if the softwood,willow,poplar that we throw away is cut into 3ft lengths and split into liftable sizes it wouldnt matter..

I am 100% soft so far this season, no complaints at all, in fact one repeat guy today said he would not buy hard again as this burns far better and gives more heat, it does all be it for a shorter period.

A

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew very little about the differences between hard and soft wood before I came on here and I still consider myself a complete layman...

...but I do think some of you guys sometimes overthink the issue...it is wood....it burns....tell the customer what it is and give them a price....then they can make a decision.

one of my staff has a log burner and says that he keeps a mix as the soft burns easier but just hardwood does not give the dancing flames effect so easily....

sell bags of soft, bags of hard and mixed bags....

can't be that complicated surely?? Just my opinion of course!!

I knew very little about the differences between hard and soft wood before I came on here and I still consider myself a complete layman...

...but I do think some of you guys sometimes overthink the issue...it is wood....it burns....tell the customer what it is and give them a price....then they can make a decision.

one of my staff has a log burner and says that he keeps a mix as the soft burns easier but just hardwood does not give the dancing flames effect so easily....

sell bags of soft, bags of hard and mixed bags....

can't be that complicated surely?? Just my opinion of course!!

I completely agree. A bit of softwood helps get the firebox nice and hot quickly. It doesn't help when some ignorant stove suppliers insist that they should only be used to burn hardwood though.

If you think that some folk will pay £5 for a crackle log, there has to be a market if sold to it's advantages.

i had phone call today.. customer had just had stove fitted and said to me i want apple, cherry, ash, sycamore beech and small amount of oak in a load... i was pheasant shootin at time and just said good luck with that and put phone down...

Quality:lol:

i had phone call today.. customer had just had stove fitted and said to me i want apple, cherry, ash, sycamore beech and small amount of oak in a load... i was pheasant shootin at time and just said good luck with that and put phone down...

bloody hell you could have give him my number!!